Prologue

Eternal

     Isolated. It has been my only friend. My whole life I've been isolated from the world. All alone in a lost tower so high up in the sky, shielded from the rest of the world. Hidden away to keep me safe from the world that wishes only to destroy me and take all I hold dear. The power I hold is far too great for this world. I am the most powerful Witch this world has ever seen. Yet, I still long for the warmth of romance and the beauty of life itself. My name is Freya and this is my story.

.•*•.

     To understand who I am it is best to start from the beginning. On the day I came into this world, my parents as well as everyone else saw the power that I held inside my heart. The power that they did not understand. My father wanted to get rid of me and kill me before I had even lived for a day. However, my mother loved me from the moment that she saw me and did not care for the power I held. Hours after having given birth, she took me into her arms and ran away. To protect me from the people that wanted me dead.

She took me far away from the people that still to this day seek me out. Hiding me in a tower far from their reach and there I have spent my entire life. There my mother has taught me to use the power that I hold inside me. Even then I feel that the power that I use is just a fraction of what I am truly capable of. Deep beneath my flesh and within my bones I can feel that I still have yet to unlock the true extent of the powers that I hold.

For years, I've spent my every waking moment dreaming about the world outside the tower that I live in. The ideas of the world out there make me wish to be out there. To explore the world and understand it. My mother would never allow me to leave the tower and see the world. It will only sniff out the light inside me and destroy it from the inside out, darken my heart. The world out there is as dangerous as it can get. Still, I crave to be out in the world and I crave for more.

.•*•.

Copyright © 2021 by Bjorg Halla

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.