Guilt

We as a group are now gathered in the lab. Everyone is tending to themselves and their small wounds. I pass out alcohol wipes and bandaids and help Maria with her head cut.

Everyone is almost silent. I think mainly everyone was pissed at Tony but I felt almost guilty as I assumed Bruce did to. It wasn't just Tony that made Ultron. It was all three of us. I could tell Steve was extremely angry and he was trying not to look at me.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce stated quietly after looking through our computer system.

"Ultron." Steve said.
"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Nat said making some people in the room visibly stiffen.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey exclaims. He was right, we had to think about the bigger picture here.

"Nuclear codes." Maria spoke out.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey agreed.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat exclaimed.
"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." I say.
"He also said he killed somebody." Clint reminded us.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria argued as I finished up her bandaging, just asking her to put pressure on it.

"Yes there was." Tony said.
He brought up the now-destroyed 3D image of JARVIS' consciousness that I saw only a matter of days ago.

My mouth fell open in shock. JARVIS ran 90% of STARK industries meaning he was completely wiped. It made me nervous and I bit my lip anxiously.

"This is insane." Bruce said.
"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Steve told us.

He still refused to look at me making me fight back a sigh of defeat. He had every right to be pissed at me though. I didn't just create Ultron, I hid it from Steve. I would be pissed at me too if I was in his position.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is...rage." Bruce said.

All of a sudden Thor barges in and grabs hold of Tony by his throat, holding him up. I rush over and grab on to Thor's arm stopping him from doing any real damage.

"Woah, woah, woah! It's going around." Clint spoke loudly to Thor also standing up and coming to my side. I see Steve step forward too.

"Come on. Use your words, buddy." Tony gasped out.
"Thor!" I yell at the God who was suffocating my Godson.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor raged.
I tugged on Thor's arm but he swatted me away like I was a fly making me stumble back.

"Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve stepped in with a tone of authority in his voice. I looked at him but he didn't meet my gaze making me pick the skin near my fingernails nervously.

Thor finally let go of Tony and I come forward to rub him on the back gently as he straightens up.
"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor grumbled.

I understood everyone's anger. I had no right to be guilty. This was my fault. I should have seen this coming.

This was always one of my worst fears.
When I got the serum I was terrified of using my mind to its fullest potential as too much power is dangerous. Howard was the one who encouraged me to use it for good and in the right way. Now I've just thrown that all away by creating Ultron. I swallowed the lump in my throat.