Chapter 136: Spring Comes Upon A Withered Tree (III)

When Ivan woke up, he saw two little babies through his blurry vision, but they disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"You're awake," a gentle voice said. Ivan turned to the side for its source, and he saw a figure illuminated against the backdrop of the sunset.The figure was bent over, long hair gently swaying at his side. There was a small smile on his handsome face.

Ivan looked at him intently and said nothing.

Shang Ke squatted down. "I dealt with all your injuries, but you're seriously injured and need a good rest."

"Thank you," Ivan spoke hoarsely. His eyes never strayed away from him.

Shang Ke said, "My name is Shang Ke. How about you?"

"Ivan."

"Ivan, who are you? How did you get hurt?" Shang Ke began the necessary interrogation.

"I'm an alchemist. I got hurt because a traitor placed a bounty on my head for making oxygen spirit beads." Ivan concealed nothing and spoke truthfully. On this continent, any race could become slaves of the specters, but not the elves.

"What's an oxygen spirit bead?"

"A high-powered oxygen storage device that can reduce the fighting capacity of the specters and weaken them."

Shang Ke remembered that the specters were a race that despised oxygen. Three-fifths of their bodies were made of metal, so a high concentration of oxygen would make them oxidate, slowing their reactions.

However, ordinary oxygen concentration levels had little effect on them, otherwise they wouldn't dare approach the elves' home.

"Can you show me the oxygen spirit bead you created?" This kind of thing that could threaten the specters greatly interested Shang Ke.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any on me right now. I'll show it to you when I get better." Ivan felt around and found that all his belongings were in the same place, showing no sign of being rummaged through.

"Well, I'll mentally note that down. Are you hungry?" Shang Ke pointed to a stone table nearby. "There are fruits over there. You're welcome to eat them."

"Thank you." Ivan watched Shang Ke leave before turning his attention to the fruits.

He sat up with difficulty, before moving closer to the edge of the stone table and casually picking up a fruit to place in his mouth. He took a bite, and immediately, a fruity flavor overwhelmed his senses. The sweet juice slid down his throat, bringing an indescribable feeling of warmth and easing the pain in his body.

Ivan looked at the fruit in amazement. Its shape was no different from ordinary fruits, but the taste and quality were very different. Ivan raised his head and looked at the lush fruit trees not far away. The fruits on the branches were like pearls—round, smooth and full.

White fragrant fruits, red wild berries, purple grapes, green vegetables, as well as the vines and flowers swaying in the breeze—they all formed an isolated haven. He remembered that a month ago, this place was only a wild forest full of overgrown weeds. But after the elf cleaned it up, it became beautiful, abundant, and rich in life.

A gust of wind swept by, blowing petals through the air and rippling the still water in the lake. Ivan looked at the beautiful scenery and felt as if his heart had been baptized. Suddenly, all of his previous troubles vanished into thin air, leaving only peace.

"Keke, are we going to shelter that human?" Bubbles drew close and asked.

"Mmm." Shang Ke leaned against the window with Gray, looking at the solitary man under the dim light of the night.