27

tw: mentions of rape and abuse
self-criticism

unfortunately for yoongi and his caregivers, lunch wasn't nearly long enough, so they had decided to once again meet at seokjin's place where they finally began their project.

yoongi, for once, was out of his little headspace. his newly found friends had no issue with that and chose to respect their hyung's privacy.

but jimin still had questions.

"i-i was uh... i was thinking maybe...like... taetae and jiminie um... h-harmonise this part. their voices are uh... very contrasting, it would... sound beautiful," yoongi stuttered out, his finger tracing the lyrics as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

the others cooed softly at the boy's awkwardness only to receive a sharp glare. "i'm not little."

"we know, yoongs, we know," seokjin spoke up "but that doesn't make you any less adorable~ you're always going to be our little baby, no matter what!"

yoongi flushed a deep red as he grumbled angrily under his breath. "j-just tell me what you think, hyungie! i-is it a good idea..?"

he whined when he felt himself being pulled into someone's arms, unwillingly being moved from his comfy spot on the bed. he stopped whining when he looked up, seeing jeongguk's stupidly beautiful face smiling down at him.

"it's perfect, kitten."

"...your face is perfect, dumbass. now get off of me. we still have work to do or we're going to fail. i can't fail another class, eomma would kill me,"

jeongguk cupped his own face, puckering his lips as yoongi scrambled away from him. "but uh... yeah. you can... uh, do that," the boy rubbed the back of his neck shyly, noticing the way taehyung and jimin high fived each other.

"hyung," namjoon spoke up, catching yoongi's attention. "can we hear your rap? we haven't heard it and we probably should. i mean, you have to have at least one line or you'll fail the class,"

yoongi shot namjoon a small glare but sighed, knowing that unfortunately, the taller boy was right.  "fine... but, i don't think i'm very good at it. really, my voice is all raspy and annoying, and you can barely understand what i'm saying and-"
"darling, your voice is perfect, okay? whether or not it's raspy or not doesn't matter, i could listen to you talk all day," jeongguk was quick to cut the older boy off, smiling softly as he rests his hand on his thigh.

yoongi blushed at the contact, his own hand instinctively joining jeongguk's. "thank you, gukkie. um... what part... is like... best for rap?" 

the other six boys smiled brightly at yoongi's cooperation, each of them screaming suggestions at the small boy. yoongi giggled as he shuffled closer towards jimin, missing the way taehyung and jeongguk's eyes narrowed as jimin's arm snaked around his slim waist. "okay... but can we do it later? i'm quite... uh... i'm quite hungry," 

seokjin let out a loud gasp at that, hands cupping yoongi's chubby pale cheeks. "you're hungry?! what do you want?! you're so cute, i'll give you anything! anything you want!"
yoongi whined, prying seokjin's hands away as he snuggled closer into jimin's hold. "i want cherries... please. and...please stop, you're making me feel like i'm going to regress, but we have this entire project to work on. but... cherries. please, hyungie?" 

seokjin nodded as he pulled away from the small boy, ruffling his hair. "of course, yoongs. but it's really okay if you want to go into your little space, you know how much we all love it. if you don't want to, that's entirely your choice, but please don't feel like you have to be ashamed. we're here to look after you and keep you safe because we care about you and we all love you, okay? don't feel ashamed about your coping mechanism,"