Chapter 41: Phone Call

C H A P T E R  4 1

P H O N E  C A L L

"I don't know a lot but I know you and I are meant to be

"I don't know a lot but I know you and I are meant to be."

Song- Paper rings; Taylor swift

Cameron

Im asleep when I hear my phone ringing. Begrudgingly I pick it up and see Marlees name on the screen. Worry shoots through me so I sit up and quickly answer it.

"Pizza Hut?" She asks when the call connects.

"Marlee?" I whisper, confusion swimming through my mind.

"Cameron?" Her voice was muffled and her words were slurred. She's drunk, really drunk. "I didn't know you worked at Pizza Hut."

"I don't."

"Then why do you have their phone?" She questions before gasping "did you steal it? That's mean Cam."

"No, I didn't steal it." I chuckle, running a hand through my hair. "You called me"

"Well then I have to go, I have a very important call to make." She declares, before I can protest she hangs up. I try to call back but she hangs up on me so I get out of bed and quickly get dressed.

When I get to her house I notice all the lights are off besides hers. I walk over to her window and tap on it. I hear some talking but she doesn't open it so I slide it open when Charlie is thrown across the room onto the floor.

"Shit" I mutter when I hit my leg on the house trying to climb in. I hear her hop off of her bed and run to the window, almost falling out.

"Cami!" She squeal, jumping out of the window into my arms. I catch her, stumbling slightly but steadying myself. "Why are you here?"

"You called me" I tell her, deciding mot to sit her down since she's not wearing shoes.

"I did, I don't remember." She says confused before erupting into a fit of laughter. I see Charlottes car in the driveway and decide it would be better if she didn't get caught so I carry her to my truck, Marlee laughing the whole time.

"How much have you had to drink?" I ask, buckling her up.

"Only like this much." She outreaches her arms as far as she can.