35| Alexander

These were so hard to write T_T

• • •

Alexander's eyes flew open with a start.

He blinked once... twice, staring up at blinding white lights and an equally white ceiling that was a lot more painful to look at than it should be.

For a moment there was complete calm and serenity. His eyebrows pulling together in the middle as he tried desperately to remember what the fuck put him in this situation and why the hell he was currently hearing his heartbeat in the back of his head along with pain and harsh discomfort. His head was throbbing and his eyes burned the longer he kept them open.

The heavens had no mercy for his current state because in only a second of trying to recall. Everything slammed into him all at once. His heart stuttered and flipped in his chest before it began beating anew. Almost beating out of his chest as he quickly stood straight up in the hard makeshift hospital (?) bed.

Ameena...

His hands suddenly had a life of their own, they began ripping away any and everything that bounded him in a daze. Pushing down his shirt, pulling the needle out of his arm and the heartbeat monitor tool off his finger.

The machine that had stared beeping erratically moments ago lapsed into a monotonous beep as he threw the tool somewhere far from himself.

Alexander didn't care about whatever was going on here nor did he have the time to think. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and hurriedly got up, running a hand through his messy head of hair, face tinged with dizziness and a slight shade of red. He swayed on his feet after standing up and had to stay still for a moment, grabbing the iron rails of the bed for balance.

Around him and the bed he was laying on a moment ago were sheets of white plastic like material that seemed to be used as a divider. It surely looked like something that had been done last minute. He paid little notice to it and used a hand to shove it aside. What greeted him was a sight that made him stop for a second.

It was his father, bandaged and bruised, leg elevated with bandages. Around him were countless bloodstained cloths.

Alexander frowned. It was to be expected as he was a lot closer to the blast but...Alexander's eye twitched. His father would raise hell if he woke up and found out they left him in such a state.

Regardless, Nickolai was also the last person on his mind at this moment. Alex walked away from the divider behind him, walked around Nicolai's unconscious yet twitching form on the bed without another glance, then to the door, blinking away dizziness.

He pushed open the door and what greeted him was an empty hallway, save for two men in black milita suits, armed up to the teeth, who stood ramrod straight on both sides of the door.

Both heads swiveled around to stare at him, eyes widening in slight shock.

Alex waited for none of them. He grabbed the one closest to him. Hard pressed on getting the information he needed to hear.

With strength that betrayed his appearance, he pulled the man up to his eye level. Glaring fiercely down at him.

"Where is she?" He spoke slowly, making sure the man understood every word.

The mans eyes went even wider (if that was possible) then his brows drew together at he middle in confusion, mouth opening and closing as if he had no idea how to proceed with an answer.

"The girl?"Alexabder pressed, unperturbed. He'd shake the news out if him if if cane to it. "The girl I was carrying, where the fuck is she?"

"Sir-" the man before him was almost trembling as he faced the full force of Alexander's glare.