Chapter 22

"Jasper? Are you in here? May I come in?" Charlotte was done doing dishes, so maybe she came over.

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"What happened? You don't like the elves? I think they are helpful, and kind," She said.

"No, it's not like that. They are amazing." I said. Brushing my hair with the back of my hand. I should shampoo them again. I thought. 

I looked up at her and saw her waiting for an answer. "It's my sister." The grief just came out, I didn't intend it to be that way. "I am sick of all this, Charlotte. My grandpa told me it was not that easy, but still, I am not sure if I can win the pleasure over facts."

"Answer this one question: Why do you want to take back your sister?"

Blank.

Silence.

No answer.

"You want to take back your sister, why?" she asked again.

"Because...because she is my sister. My only family."

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" she sounded worried. Maybe because I myself was not sure of the reason I gave her for my sister.

"Think. Why do you need your sister? Why all of a sudden after 17 years? You are not used to her, nor did you ever knew she existed in some magical corner of the world. This is what she will think too. This is her place. She had trained and been blessed here. Injured and failed here. Won and defeated others here. Why would she leave this place, if some so-called brother asks her to? Why? Walk and climb in her shoes and see things from her perspective." she was saying.

"Know what? Every other kid grows with her or his skill from the age of 5. Their immunity and soul chose their skill. Everybody can ride a broom or a horse. Everybody can focus and hide things and make them appear. But, those who are helpers, have more difficult work to do. They have to live with other feelings. They feel what others feel, no matter an animal or a human. They can undergo what others suffer, pleasure or stress. That's why we happen to help others and comfort them at the right moment. You need to think of what you can do to feel Elvina's feelings, Jasper. Heal her when she needs to be healed. You give medication to a patient when they come to you. Let her come to you." she was alleviating my soul.

"Jasper." She continued. "You know that you should protect her even though she is a warrior. But she lacks the information. Let. Her. Know. This and then heal her. You are understanding me, right?" Her hands both on my shoulders and her face just in front of mine. Her hazel eyes twinkling than ever, her eyelashes highlighted black enhancing her beauty. God had favorites while blessing the beauty. I never had been this close to the natural exquisiteness ever before. Her cherry smell offended me and took over me in no time. Her lips were close enough to mine when I realized I was about to carve mine on her and immediately looked away. She pursed her lips and I felt her believing it in awe. She started to take steps backward to the door.

"Charlotte?" I called her when she was about to leave.

"Yes?" she turned and asked. Her face was rosy as ever.

"Thanks." I didn't know what else to say. I glanced at her, she was smiling. I stepped towards the bathroom and sat beneath the water supply for a damn whole hour.

Vote, Comment and share ;)