Chapter 23

The moment I flew, I realized it was the hardest thing ever. Not that I felt guilty for what I did for Jasper, but a warrior is not supposed to kill a person without any reason if he's not an enemy. I nearly killed Jasper for telling a story about the lost sister.

That day, Jasmine and Rosella came over. We trained for our upcoming contest against Emma. We were so exhausted at the end of the day that we didn't talk and they left with a goodbye and sweet dream wishes.

As for me, I didn't sleep. I continued my training. I wanted to win. If Jasper was still here, I wanted him to know that I am not afraid of anything. I wanted him to know that I am the same for everyone. I did a lot of aerobic workouts and gave my muscles more immunity. I shot 100s of double and triple arrows together and got the last 83 right. I took my broom to the fastest route and made it practice how to fly fastest so that I only have to lend my power when most needed. I tried focusing hard and succeeded in lifting a pack of brooms weighing more than 60 kgs and throwing it back. In the end, I was all wet, sweating even from my eyes. I took a cold shower and slept for nearly good 7 hours. When I woke up at dawn, I went for a jog around the porch near the Magic Union Youth School. After 2 hours, the competition was going to be held.

I led myself home and called out my teammates for final practice. We competed within ourselves and I dropped some heavy objects and threw some cannon lightweight un-harmful bombs upon them and they all did great.

"Great, so are we all ready?" I yelled. They all called yes in unison. I told them I'll tell Zoe the plan of our team and Rosella will be on the side of teammates trying to speak melody to Emma's companions to convey their minds against the fight. Jasmine will stand on the lead of the March line and all will do defense and battle while fighting back on their brooms. While Zoe and Nick the two strongest fighters of our team will run with me. Everybody agreed to the plan and were ready with full amour, Combat shoes and headcovers, and their brooms of course.

Emma launched herself on the ground and without even a word she closed her eyes waiting for the bluebirds to finish humming. That was really unusual. Last 5 years, since I was having competitions with Emma she always used to say a word before a bluebird started humming, no matter if it's a teasing thread or a weather report. That day, no words? She was taking this seriously too. Great.

Soon, bluebirds stopped humming. We rushed with the speed of light and one of the bluebirds who came in between was chopped to pieces. This time, no teammates of Emma fought back, so my teammates didn't make any moves. Everyone was running so far, me on the lead with Emma following and Zoe and Clara, a member of Emma's team, following her. I glanced back and saw Jasmine coming forward. Everything was perfect. Utterly strange.

When the time came and we had to cross the huge tree by taking off, Emma fastened her grip and that got her trip over some branches, while Jasmine took control with me. Within no time she was pulling me back, and during that Emma collected herself up and she got herself on the broom and started to gain balance. Tripping used to get a player disqualified, why didn't the host whistle? Either Jasmine or the audience and referee was out of her mind or they were hypnotized. I glanced back and saw no signs of any teammate of either Emma or mine. The blue river underneath us was still, and the crocodiles were waiting for someone to bake them the meat.

"Leave, I order you to go and leave and instead pull back Emma the red-haired girl, GO!" It took so much power because controlling some hypnotized person's mind made me feel sick and require damn energy. 

I ran again. Fastest this time and my broom did a great job. Soon, I was with Emma and then, Jasmine came over and started to pull Emma and I ran with all my might. Rosella fought against Jasmine and I could see the blondes' teammates of Emma, spraying something in the surroundings. Emma approached with her broom and shot me a stare.

"You definitely would pay this, princess." And with that, she turned away.

"Hooooooooo, princess Elvina! Wins the competition. Congrats, princess!" I heard the host says.

I looked back and there was no Emma nor her teammates. Zoe, Nick, Jasmine, Rosella, and Zara were slowing themselves and coming towards me. They waved their hands and congratulated me. I smiled back and thanked them.

I never thought I would train so badly for a competition and it would end like this. No feelings for victory? No, that's not Elvina,

"You did a well-done job, dear. Keep winning like this. I want you to be the shield and spear of this kingdom." Grandma Nimue appreciated and praised me.

"Umm, thanks, ma'a". I tried to show a blissful face.

"What? Is there something? You have never been like this after a competition. Everything alright?" she asked me. I just wish I could tell you the truth maá. 

"Yup! Everything is perfect."

"Really?" when your grandma asks this, then she needs the truth, or else you'll be in a bad or worse situation. Can I Just get over this maá? I am tired. 

"Ah, ma'a." I hesitated, "you always ask me to train harder. You want me to be the shield and spear of the kingdom. Is there someone really that strong who can defeat us? I mean is it some danger to us?" I asked. Done kill me. 

First, she stared at me for straight 2 minutes then looked away, stared again as if trying to read my mind, and then took a deep sigh.

"You'll understand better when the time comes."

"What if the time is already here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

"Go and have some food. You need energy."

"For who?"

"Elvina, you are annoying. I don't want to be provoked. Are you getting it?" She warned.

"Yes, ma'a". I said after a minute because Iknow there is no one and nothing who can argue with her. The Queen. Even males put down their guards in front o the superior queen of nature. What am I then? Change isn't in my hands after all...

Hope you guys like it, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!