Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter fifty-two

Abhinav Malhotra felt his eyes filling up and a lump formed in his throat. He stared at his son infront of him, who looked shaken to the core. He never thought of meeting his son in such circumstances, infact he never intended to cross paths with him.

Zevah came running outside with a panicked look on not finding Ayaansh beside her. She froze in her steps seeing the scenario.

Her bestfriend was here. The relief that coursed through her body on seeing her was unexplainable. She simply narrowed her eyes at Srishti who seemed to be staring at somewhere else.

That is when she noticed an unknown man standing ahead, and a completely dazed Sahil staring at the man. Frowning, she stood beside Aditya, gaining his attention.

"We'll be leaving." He announced and held Zevah's hand but before they could leave, Srishti interrupted.

"Can I come with you guys?" She didn't want to stay here and so she didn't even glance at Sahil when she uttered those words.

This seemed to snap Sahil out of his daze, as his eyes went on his wife, who stood there with their son in her arms. Panic bubbled in his chest at the thought of being alone with the man infront of him.

"Stay." He whispered and Srishti tensed. She looked at him with a glare but her eyes softened seeing the vulnerability in his eyes. He wasn't ordering her, he was begging her to stay with him.

Her heart clenched at his state but what about her? How could she stay with a man who used her? Why would she comfort him when he did nothing but made her feel like a nobody?

Taking a deep breath, she decided what she was going to do. She wasn't selfish like him, so she was going to stay. Turning on her heels, she walked inside and Aditya and Zevah too left.

Sahil immediately walked inside when Abhinav tried to take towards him.

"Srishti ─"

"I don't want to hear anything, Sahil. Not a word." She said sternly as she safely tucked Ayaansh in his crib.

As she tried to move past him, he held her hand and stopped her. She didn't react and stayed in the same position.

"I know you hate me right now and I don't blame you. But ─" He swallowed painfully as his voice shook, "─just stay with me till that man is here. Please." She looked at him stunned because he wasn't a man who begged anyone.

So she nodded and he left her hand, nodding as well.

When they walked out, Abhinav was already waiting for them in the living room. He saw them coming out and knew it was time for some revelations.

────────

As the father-son duo sat infront of each other, no one spoke a word as Sahil continued to stare at his hands, his whole form tense. Whereas Abhinav chose to stare at his son, Srishti sighed beside Sahil.

"You were alive." It was a whisper but the accusation and pain in the sentence could also be heard.

He still didn't look up as he clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.