nineteen

Lalla sat next to Obi-Wan, her hand in his as she looked behind them out the window of the transport ship. It was quiet on the ship, Anakin and Obi-Wan making conversation as she admired the streets below.

She looked back toward Anakin as the ship landed, a small smile on her face as the four of them stood. The chancellor got off the ship first, Anakin following. Obi-Wan and her stopped at the doorway. She looked up at him, confused on why they had stopped. She watched as he leaned on the side of the ship, his arm moving so it was around her shoulders. She held his hand still as it hung loosely over her.

"Are we going, Master?" She asked as Anakin looked up toward them, just as confused.

"Oh, no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the council" He said, Lalla smiling slightly. He always had disliked politics.

"Are you coming Lal?" Anakin asked, looking up at his sister. She looked toward Obi-Wan then toward him before nodding.

"Yes, I think I will. I'd like to see Padme too" She said as she got on her the tip of her toes, giving Obi-Wan a kiss on the cheek before hopping down the steps toward Anakin. Ani's eyebrows were raised as he pulled her into his side.

"Someone needs to be the poster boy anyway" Obi-Wan said shrugging, Anakin smirking now at him as Lalla laughed.

"Hold on. This whole operation was your idea" He said, pointing his free at him. Lalla's head tilted back in laughter as she felt him pull her into his side a bit closer.

"Let us not forget, Anakin, that you rescued me from those buzz droids. And you rescued the chancellor, carrying me unconscious on your back." He said, praising Anakin as Lalla glared at him a bit.

"You know i helped too" She added, Obi-Wan's eyes moving to her as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"All because of your training" Anakin said, smiling widely at Obi. Lalla smiled once again, looking between the two men.

"Anakin, let's be fair. Today you two were the hero's, and you both deserve your glorious day with the politicians." He explained, motioning over to the crowd of boring people.

"Fine, but you owe us one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time." He said, Lalla nodding in agreement.

"Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't- doesn't count. I'll see you two at the briefing" He corrected quickly before walking back into the ship. Anakin pulled himself and Lalla away, her looking back at Obi-Wan sent her a smile through the window.

Anakin looked down at Lalla as they walked together, smiling as he looked at her explain the area.

"Excited to see Padme?" She asked, looking up at him. He had never told her that they were married, but she had somehow figured it out. He was happy that she was happy for them, as they were the two most importantly people in his life.

"Very, are you?" He asked, removing his arm from her shoulder. She just nodded, her smile fading as they reached the group, them already ruining her mood.

"The republic can not thank you enough" Senator Organa greeted as the two stepped by his side. She sent him a small smile as Ani nodded.

"Thank you Senator" Anakin said for the both of them, "But the fighting will continue until General Grievous is spare parts"

Lalla looked to her left, watching as Padme stood silently waiting for them. Without saying anything Lalla stopped walking, neither man noticing as she gracefully walked away from them before she broke out into a run toward her friend.

The two girls quickly hugged, Padme's arms coming around Lalla's torso as the jedi's arms flew around her neck. Both laughed as they held each other close. Padme pulled away slightly, her hands moving to Lalla's shoulder as she looked her up and down.