what the what

My phone rings as I'm taking dishes out of the dishwasher.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, um we have a problem"
Logan says on the other end of the phone.

I set the plate I just dried in the cabinet above my head, bending down to retrieve another.

"Is everything okay with the apartment?" I ask, grabbing the drying towel from my shoulder, holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"Your parents are coming, Star."

I drop the plate.

I grab the phone, holding it with shaky hands against my ear, leaning forwards onto the counter.

"What do you mean by they're coming?"

"I mean just that. Dalton told them that we were also moving out here, and they insisted on coming along."

She lets out a sigh.

"Star, they will kill you if they find out not only about the guys, but the babies. You know that, right?"

I nod, even though I know she can't see me.

"Can you please come over? I don't think I can tell the guys this by myself. They don't know much about my parents."

"Give me 10 minutes."

She hangs up the phone, and I let some tears escape.

I am so screwed.

True to her word, 10 minutes later Logan is knocking on the door. Jimin lets her in, his face showing surprise to see her.

"Hey, Logan. What's going on?"

She rushes in the door.

"Where is Star? I need to speak with her."

Jimin leads her into the kitchen where I sit at the table, his face changing to worry when he sees me crying.

"Wait, whats wrong, Chubs?"

He hurries to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Get the guys, we have a problem." I cry into his arms.

Logan heads to gather them and Jimin stays with me.

Once everyone is present, they all throw me worried glances.

"So, we have a problem." Logan starts.

"Babies? Tell me its no-" Joon starts

"No. I promise I would not tell you like this if something were wrong with the jelly beans."

Jimin giggles.

"My parents are coming."

Jin lets out a sigh. "That's it? You had us scared for a minute there, Darling."

I shake my head.

"I don't mean to scare you, but my parents are, for lack of better words, assholes. If they knew I was in a Polyamorous relationship, they'd kill me. My mom might not, but my dad is very southern old school: He believes in a 2 people house hold, where the woman is barefoot and pregnant, her place is at home taking care of the kids and cleaning. The only reason he isn't like that with my mom is because she threatened to leave, and we all know how that causes problems as soulmates."

"She is right, I love my uncle Trent, but he can be quite harsh." Logan states.

"He can't be that bad. Besides, You said it yourself, we are soulmates. Is he really gonna try and break us apart?" Yoongi says.