Chapter 21

Aqualad hears a thump on the roof and immediately turns to Roquette. "We have company." he says tensely.

   Uploading now." she says, typing even faster. "And by the way, you said you'd protect me." she snaps.

A singular sphere rattles its way down the dark hallway, coming to a stop just within visible range. Before stopping and immediately releasing a smoke screen. Aqualad whips out his Water-bears quickly, forming solid swords in seconds. Roquette stands up beside him when nothing happens for a few seconds.

From behind his a ceiling panel is pushed lose.

Sensing something he turns, only to get three darts to the chest in rapid succession.

Cheshire drops to the ground confidently. "Let's test the limit of you Jellyfish immunity, shall we?" she taunts.

Aqualad shakes his head in order to clear it before charging at the assassin. He strikes high with his right. Which she ducks under, then at where her face is now with his left. Which she tightly flips over. He strikes downwards, but she steps out of the way and lets his momentum throw him off balance. As he turns towards her she unleashes a roundhouse kick to his face. Which knocks him straight to his front on the floor. Both his Water-bearers losing their integrity and the tattoos dimming in unison.

"There, limit tested." Cheshire says simply. Then turns to Roquette. "Now, doctor, time for my appointment." she enunciates by bringing out a sai, which gets Roquette to cautiously move away from her.

All while the upload is being processed.
————————————————————

    With the bioship still camouflaged Superboy and Robin wait by the opening back hatch.

"It's downloading." Robin informs, watching the progress on his hologlove.

What catches Superboy's attention is the sound of a van door opening. He recognizes the Fog's storage container instantly. "Don't need it!" he growls.

Jumping despite Robin's cry of "Superboy!" but the Boy Wonder can only watch as he jumps right at the cyclops.

Before he can reach him the man uses the grey control panel hanging from his shoulder to release a red laser beam at Superboy. Strong enough to knock him back and to the parking surface on his back. Unmoving.

The cyclops turns back to the container and releases the Fog.

"No!" Robin calls out, grappling to the nearest light pole then flipping to get to the next and land before the surface level of the WayneTech facility. A hole eaten through the double doors.

The security guard can only watch the cloud go by in shock. "What in the-" he cuts himself off as he sees Robin run past him. "Hey! You can't come in here!" yells at the not stopping Boy Wonder. Moving to grab his walkie talkie. "Unauthorized entry!"

The gated doors start coming down ahead of the Boy Wonder. "WayneTech override- RG4." Robin calls out.

    The nearly closed gate rises giving him enough room to roll underneath and keep running.
————————————————————

   Miss Martian manages to dodge the large hook as it comes back to its source. Once she's out of range she throws her hand out telekinetically moving the pews beside Hook. He obliterates the first one but barely manages to get the one that rises to his turned back.

Knowing she's vulnerable he turns and launches his hook at her once more. She spins away and it sticks to the ceiling. "Kid Flash, we need to end this now." she tells him.