CHAPTER 77

*tick-tock* *tick-tock*

Only the sound of the ticking clock was heard as men continued staring at each other without uttering a word.

"Well... you can't expect us to do everything for you" Elliot shrugged.

"That's unfair, cousin" said Tristan, cleaning his glasses with a piece of cloth.

"Yeah, totally"

Clive leaned on the top cushion and pressed his hands on his eyes. Everything was a mess. Within a few weeks, Ashford County went through natural disasters day and night, so often that they eventually lost track.

If it was calm during the day then there would be a storm at night.

And if it was tranquil at night, then a sinkhole would appear in the busiest shopping district in the middle of the day.

"Haaah" He sighed.

"If we're going to do this. Then let's do it the right way"

Clive straightened his back and observed their expressions.

While Elliot looked curious, Tristan was skeptical. The Howard twins had the same face but portrayed different expressions.

"Let's ask An-An. She'll understand if we explain it to her"

"Pffft" Elliot tried to control his laughter.

"Are you serious?" There was a deep frown on Tritan's face.

"We're talking about the same person right?" asked Elliot, wiping the tears in the corner of his eyes.

"The same Angelica who threw a snake at a seven-year-old for having a crush on her?... pfft...!! now that's going to be one helluva show"

"Do tell us when you are about to ask her. We would like to spectate from a safer distance" said Tristan, in a calm voice. The corners of his lips curled into a smirk.

"Then..." Clive raised his eyebrow in question.

"What's the plan?"

Tristan and Elliot looked at each other and smiled like five-year-olds with candy.

'I'm going to hell for this'

Clive was pacing back and forth in his office, half panicking and half scared. He felt restless after confirming that his letter had been delivered.

Because today was the day his sister, Angelica would be coming home after a long time.

The negotiations are over, the transactions are done and the preparations are in the final stages.

Everything they had worked for the past few months all came down to this.

'I can't believe I'm really doing this'

"I feel like sh*t" Clive muttered looking at the documents in his hand. He walked over and placed them in his drawer.

"We all are" Elliot commented, grinning from ear to ear. He was sitting on the sofa with his arms spread to its length.

"You don't need to look too down cousin" said Tristan, his face focused on the papers in his hands. It was the transportation permit approved by the capital warp point.

"We are planning a wedding" He handed the papers to Clive.

"Not a funeral"

"Tristan's right... Cheer up will ya" Elliot tried to calm up the tensed Clive.