𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧 |𝟏𝟎|

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫?
𝐎𝐡, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭."
• • •

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"You gonna tell me what happened?" Gabriel's voice interrupts the silence in my head, his heavy boots thudding on the polished floor of the local police station

I squint up at him. The lights were too fucking bright in this place. He's looking down at me almost smugly, a single eyebrow raised.

"You know exactly what happened," I mutter and look down at my hands. They took the handcuffs off not too long ago. Those fuckers put the damn thing on too tight. I rub the red marks on my wrist. My hands are still stained with blood. God, I feel like crap. I just want to go home and get some sleep - if my mind would let me.

"I know what the Sheriff told me. I wanna know directly from you," he says as he sinks into the chair next to mine.

"First of all, you were being a dick-"

Gabriel punches me in the shoulder and I wince slightly. Those school security guards are a bunch of ruthless fuckers. "I was being a dick. You still are."

I roll my eyes and shove him back. He is right though. "How's your face?"

"Better than yours. The hell happened to you?"

Automatically, I reach up and touch my cheek. The side of my face burns like hell. Once again, those security guards are a bunch of ruthless fuckers. And Ocean... Fuck, I don't think I've ever been so shocked in my life.

Such a sweet, innocent girl slapped the fucking daylights out of me. Hell, she even split my lip. I can't even be angry with that. I'm fucking shocked...and impressed. And maybe a little proud.

No one else would dare to do that. The only person that would is Gabriel. And maybe the twins. But nobody else has the guts to even talk to me. And here, a girl that's without a voice didn't even need to speak to express her anger. Instead, she fucking slapped me. But I deserve it.

God, I was so horrible to her. A fucking dick that's what I am. I deserve everything I got today and more.

"I got slapped." That is all I say. Maybe Gabriel can use that smart brain of his to figure out who slapped me so I don't have to talk anymore.

"By who?" He asks, sounding genuinely confused. Obviously, he's confused. He wouldn't expect Ocean to have done this. I didn't expect Ocean to do this.