Chapter 4

The next day when I woke up and went downstairs To the kitchen and there was hakeem and dad. They were looking at something on the iPad. They looked up when I came into the kitchen. "Lena, have a seat." Dad said while pointing to the seat. I sat down, I had a feeling this was about yesterday. Hakeem turned the iPad around and there it was a picture of me and Zander hugging with big letters who is" Lena Lyons new toy??!!" "What is this Lena?!" Hakeem said. "No one, I just met him yesterday." I said back calm. I didn't do anything wrong. "I don't like him, he could be using you for your family." Hakeem said. "HAKEEM!!"" Dad said. "So now a guy can't like me because of me, they always have to be using me?!" I said really upset. "Lena, I didn't." He tired to say. "No, why does a guy always babe to be using me. Am I that ugly?" I said really upset and walked away into my room and locked my door. Then I slid down on the floor, and started crying.

I didn't come out of my room for the rest of the night. I wanted to come out tonight because I really wanted to record a song today for my album. I wrote it last night when I stopped crying. It's really about how I'm gonna be me, and not change myself for any guy. I got dressed and, and turned my phone back on. I had a lot of missed calls from Zander and a voice mail. It said that Zander was checking on me and to call him back. He also wanted to hang out today. I figure since I'm recording a song today I'll bring Zander to the studio. I started texting him.
Lena: Hey Zander you wanna go to the studio with me
Zander: sure Mrs.Lyon I would love to
Lena: cool text me your address and I'll pick you up

After Zander texted me his address, I started getting dressed and called the driver to bring the car around. When he got there I gave him the address and we started going towards Zander's house, it's a small house but it loos really sweet. We honked the horn, and soon Zander came out the house. When he got in and we started driving again that then I started talking. "So, where are we going?" Zander asked. "Well I figured since you know who I am now, you might wanna see how it all works." I said and he just nodded his head. The rest of the car ride we rocked out to music on the radio. When we got to empire and into the studio sure enough there was my father sitting there. "Lena, who is your friend?" He asked. "Dad this is Zander, Zander this is my father." Zander reached and shook my father hand. "Mr.Lyon, pleased to meet you I've heard some of your music." Zander said. " Zander, I've heard a lot about you. Are you recording with Lena?" He asked. "No sir, just seeing how this works,and why Lena is so famous." My father nodded his head and turned back to me. "Lena. What are you recording today?" He asked. "Hustler" I said back. He just nodded his head and got the music ready. "Zander, you can sit down,a me after I'm done we can hang out and I'll give you a tour." I said. He just nodded his head and say down on the couch. I went into the studio and got ready to sing. I looked at my father and nodded my head and the music started.

Was I supposed to come so close to loving you
That I couldn't see
Was I supposed to drown myself in thoughts of you
To where I could no longer breathe
You're just a silhouette
Of a perfect man
Cause you take me higher
Than I have ever been
Just to break me down
Into a thousand pieces
Boy you make me wish I was a hustler

So I could move the weight
Off of my shoulders
And I could run away
If I could be a hustler
Then I would move the weight
Off of my shoulders
And I would run away
Away home

Such a waste of my time
You are everything you shouldn't be
And how one seconds introduction
Could become a lifetime of misery
You're just a silhouette
Of a perfect man
Cause you take me higher
Than I have ever been
Just to break me down
Into a thousand pieces
Boy you make me wish I was a hustler

So I could move the weight
Off of my shoulders
And I could run away
If I could be a hustler
Then I would move the weight
Off of my shoulders
And I would run away
Away from you
So I could move the weight
If I could be a hustler
And I could run away
From this corner you got me stuck on
And I would move away
Boy you make me wish I was a hustler
Ay
If I could be a hustler
Yeah

So I could move the weight
And I could run away
Then I would move the weight
The I would run away

Usually when I sing I close my eyes so I imagine me in my room singing. When I opened my eyes I couldn't believe my eyes. There she was my mother. The woman that was taken away from me, as soon as I was born. I couldn't know why I remember her, because I was only a baby but I do. I couldn't say anything I just stared at her.

Cookie P.O.V.
I entered Empire because I needed to see lucious. I wanted a better office and I intend to get it. When I was walking by the studios and I heard this voice singing and she was really good. I wanted to see who it was. When I walked in, I couldn't believe who was singing, it was my baby girl. My daughter. I knew it was because I saw her in the Magazines all the time. When luscious heard my heels, he had this look on his face. "Cookie, west are you doing here?" He said really frantic. "Well I was looking to ask for a bigger office." I said still looking at my baby. "Yes, yes, now please leave." He said while looking trying to push me out the room. "Is that Lena, luscious let me see her." I said. "No, you can't see her, she doesn't need to see you. You need to leave." He said while trying to rush me out. "Why, luscious let me see my baby girl." I said pushing him back. There was my baby girl,and she was there. "Mama?" She said I just nodded my head.