EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE: The Last Time Harry and Louis Saw Each Other Before the Rebellion

It's been a year since Louis has last seen Harry, his awkward thirteen-year-old body barely coming into its own. He panics that Harry will think he looks weird, his hair never lays the way it should anymore. And though Louis spends forever in the mirror trying to brush it into softness, it absolutely refuses.

"Louis! The Styles are here!"

The French Prince glances one last time in the mirror, adjusting his fringe once more with the tip of his fingers before he descends from his room. Harry's here, is all that he can think when he goes down the steps and sees the familiar family in the foyer.

"Lou," Harry excitedly cheers, running up to Louis as soon as he's taken his last step on the ground. Harry's father reprimands him for his behavior, but neither of the boys pay him any mind.

"Come on," the older Prince says, "let us go out in the yard."

"Yes, lets."

Leaving the rest of their families to talk and catch up, the two make their way to their favorite spot in the gardens. Everything is in full bloom, and though the roses have grown wonderfully this year, none of it compares to the beauty that is Harry.

Louis will never see anyone or anything as wondrously as him.

"Hey, Lou." Harry giddily comments as he reaches up to touch Louis' hair, "you look so much taller this year!"

As opposed to Louis, Harry's eleven-year-old figure hasn't transformed much, but it's still completely perfect. "Yes," Louis responds, "though it has been quite devastating getting older."

"What for?"

"My skin is oily, my hair is defiant," Louis lists. "Hazza, I wish we could stay as kids forever. I do not wish to become an adult."

"But then, we could not grow up and get married," Harry replies.

To be fair, that's a good point. Louis hadn't thought of that, and that's the one thing he is solely looking forward to as an adult - to run away into the woods with Harry.

"You are right. I suppose I should not mind going through all of this if it means that we can be together in the end."

"Or...we could get married now?"

Louis laughs, "I am afraid we are far too young, but soon enough, you shall get your wish. So do not fret your pretty little head, curly."

Reaching out, Louis brushes his fingers through Harry's curls, eliciting purrs from the younger boy under his touch. It always overwhelms Louis the affect he has on the other. He hopes it will never change.

Shifting from under Louis' grasp, Harry turns to stare at him, "Lou?"

"Hm?"

"Needless to say, I am delighted to be here with you," he admits hesitantly. "In fact, I have been waiting all year for our return."

"I too, have been waiting," Louis assures.

"You just...you mean so much to me."

"And you, mean everything to me," the older vows.

Harry's green green eyes that leave him weak every time he gazes into them, pierce into Louis' soul when the younger Prince asks, "Lou? I know we shall have to part soon again, but when we are older...will you always be by my side?"

And at that moment, Louis couldn't love Harry more if he tried, "Harry - Hazza, yes. Yes. I will always be by your side."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

Unbeknownst to Louis then, he never broke his promise.

The End. 

OMG IT'S HERE! THE END! WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK???!!?!? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS READ, WHO HAS COMMENTED, AND WHO HAS VOTED, I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU ALL!