CHAPTER- TWO

NEW BEGINNINGS.  ✨✨✨

I take two deep breaths as i slowly brush my hair trying to calm down the nerves threatening to spiral out. I slowly brush the ends of my bangs out of my eyes. I look at myself in the mirror noticing two things that always seem to stand out, The white reflecting so such resembling snow. I've always hoped my hair looked exactly like my mother even though I've never met her. The feeling kinda makes me feel special like I atleast have something that will always make me think of her, when I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My green emerald eyes stand out too, miss callie always tells me they remind her of the pure beauty of the green forest on top of a mountain. I sigh before snapping out of my thoughts. I'm really nervous, I mean this is all I've ever wanted but the presence of the unknown is a tad bit scary. I put back my hair brush back in the bag and sit on the bed. I hear a soft knock on the door before miss callie's walks in."Hey kiddo you ready?" Smiling softly."I don't know" I say honestly" The smile on her face dropped sitting besides me rubbing small circles on my back. "Hey you got this, Don't worry "she trys to convince me. "Come on let's go" she helps me with my suitcase while i say my final goodbye to my room. even though this place hasn't been the best place filled with great memories it's still the first place I've grown up in. It helped provide a roof over my head and provided food and clothes that's something right? I head downstairs and a Uber is waiting to take me to the airport."Sweetie everything is going to be okay just remember to call me when you get there" she cups my cheeks giving me a teary smile.

Even though I'm heading towards a new life i'm still leaving my old one behind and it includes miss callie. I don't how to feel about that altogether. She's been my everything from the time she took me in and loved me like her own. I'm really going to miss her dearly. "Okay" i nod swallowing the lump on my throat. Trying really hard to look strong on the outside knowing fully well I'm dying in the inside. "Alright, Sweetie get in the car now before I change my mind, I'll see you soon" I hug her really tight memorizing every last bit of this hug. Her lavender scent hits me full force as she pulls away from the hug kissing my forehead. I get in the back of car she shuts the door for me before finally waving at me, Her tears coating her cheeks as the car moves ahead. I give her a small smile and wave back facing the front before she can see mine flow down my cheeks.

The car drops me off at the airport and I wait till they call my plane to take off. Shortly I hear the flight attendant calling for my flight. I pull my suitcase heading for the gate. "Can I see your ticket and passport please"I open my bag and hand it over to her. she checks it out giving it back to me. "Here you go, Have a safe flight." she says smiling down at me "Thank you" I tell her and board the plane.

*****
I hear the flight attendant tell us to put back our seatbelts the plane will be landing shortly I've never been on a plane before, so you can imagine how frightened i feel right now. I close my eyes hating the way my stomach drops in fear, I try counting to ten till the plane touches the ground pheww I hope I never have to do that again. I get off the plane waiting for my bag and go through the gates. Well the heat here is definitely different from San Antonio, The easy part is done now how I'm I supposed to know we're I'm going I see people met their families which makes me even more nervous are they going to be here? "Miss Reigns" I hear a stranger call out for me I look ahead and find it belongs to a man whose probably in his late forties. 5' 11 if i'm not mistaken, A tan that's definitely from the LA sun. His black hair shining in the sun from too much hair gel. Brown eyes and a strong face that's smiling down at me waiting for my answer "How did you know it's me" I ask giving him a skeptical look."A certain miss callie told me to look for a beautiful girl with blonde white hair that looks like Elsa from Frozen. And the best emerald green eyes" He smiles. "Oh" I roll my eyes at the way she described me mentally chuckling at the Elsa reference. "just call me heather and you?" I ask."Then you can call me ben" He tells me. "it's nice to met you mr ben" I say rasing up my hand for him to shake. "Just ben heather. No need for formalities." he says shaking my hand "come let's go" he grabs my bag and walks ahead of me putting my bag at the back of a expensive black car in front of us. wow fancy. He opens the car door for me to get in I say a small thank you, and he gets in starting our journey "Ben can I ask you a question?" "Sure" I look at my fingers. "Do they really want me here?" I ask nervously. "Mrs Lacey is really excited for your arrival" he tells. "Really?" He doesn't miss the surprised look on my face. "Yes" our eyes meet through the review mirror causing me to smile at him, while that's comforting I can't wait to meet them. I quickly text miss callie before shutting my phone off. Before it goes off, I'm now regretting not charging my phone before I left. Turning my face towards the widow and watching the view pass by. This is not nerve wrecking at all.
LA here I come.

That's how I imagine heathers hair looks like in the photo above

While guys if your reading this thank you very much I'm new at this and I know I'm a bit rusty you can tell by the punctuation I suck no doubt.😂😂😂 well feel free to comment and tell me what you think so far I hope you enjoy
Byeeeeeee ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️