The Winter Solstice

Jasmine's POV

I gave a brief smile to Percy, Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover and a nod to Lady Artemis, who looked ready to cry when she saw me and Bianca.

When I saw The Huntress constellation, I almost broke down in tears but I kept my poker face on.  

Zeus cleared his throat. "Brother, you may conjure a temporary throne. Your daughters." he paused briefly "Can stay next to your throne. Let the meeting continue."

I tuned out a lot of the meeting but I saw Poseidon smile uncle-like in my direction, Aphrodite squeal when she saw me, and Athena study me and Bianca closely.

"Heroes." Lady Artemis said, calling my attention.

She slid off of her throne and returned to human size. She walked over to my cousins and friends.

"The council had been informed of your deeds." the goddess told them "They know Mount Othrys is rising in the West. They are aware of Atlas attempt for freedom and Kronos's army is amassing. We have to vote to act."

The gods nodded to themselves, agreeing with everything Artemis said.

"My brother Apollo and I shall hunt down the most dangerous monsters and destroy them before they can join Kronos's army." Artemis continued on. "Athena shall check on the other Titan's prisons and make sure they have not broken free of their bonds. Poseidon has been given permission to unleash is full fury on the ship the Princess Andromeda. And as for you my heroes..."

M'lady turned around the face the Olympians.

"These half-bloods have done Olympus a great service," Artemis said. "Would any her deny that?"

She looked around at the assembled gods, meeting their faces individually.

"I gotta say" Apollo broke the silence "these kids did okay." He cleared his throat and began to recite: Heroes win laurels..."

"Um, yes, first class," Hermes interrupted, like he was anxious to avoid Apollo's poetry. "All in favor of not disintegrating them?"

A few tentative hands went up – Demeter, Aphrodite.

"Wait a minute." Ares growled. "These four are dangerous." he pointed at Percy, Thalia, Bianca, and I. "It'd be much safer while we've got them here..."

"Ares," Poseidon interrupted, "they are worthy heroes. We will not blast my son to bits."

"Nor my daughter," Zeus grumbled. "She has done well."

Thalia blushed and studied the floor.

"If my children are harmed," Father said silkily, "I wouldn't bother going after you. I'd just hand you to a wrathful Persephone for harming her children."

Persephone's disembodied voice said "I will do it Ares. I fucking will. Just try to harm my children and all of the House of Hades will have your hide."

Demeter looked scandalized. "Kore they are your husbands bastards-"

"Call Jasmine, Bianca, and Nico bastards again Demeter, I dare you." Persephone's disembodied voice snarled.

Father gave a wide smug smile to Demeter who huffed and looked away. "You rock mom!" I cheered.

"Thank you Jasmine. Hello Bianca, wonderful to see you again." Persephone's voice said.

Athena cleared her throat and sat forward. "I am proud of my daughter as well. But there is a security risk here with the other two, as well as Hades's children."