Pt 3 Chapter 7 - Pain Killers

Y/n's POV

The next day I woke up to Nat sitting in the chair next to me and the others all on the sofa outside of the room. There was a small medbay that joined the smaller living room area of our floor in the compound. When she noticed I was awake her face lit up. "Morning Darling." I yawned, shifting slightly to get more comfy.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" She asked softly. I moved slightly to see if my back was any better and felt my face screw up as the pain came crashing back. I tried to smile, "Better actually." I lied. Nat tipped her head and looked me in the eyes, seemingly unimpressed.

"You're a terrible liar!" Natasha laughed slightly. "I'll tell Bruce you're awake and he can give you some more morphine."

"Mmm, then the fun can start?" I smirked.

"Fun?" Nat raised an eyebrow.

"Me plus a drug that makes you dopey. Gosh, come on Nat. That's an equation for a few good laughs and a couple disasters. Yanno, shits and giggles." I lent back and closed my eyes, trying to ignore the pain.

"Shits and giggles? I should hope you're aren't going to go around shitting all over the place." She looked a little shocked.

I shook my head a little. "It's an expression we use in England sometimes. It just means having a good time. Example, oh why are you dressing up in formal clothes for no reason... shits and giggles."

"Right? You English people are a bit strange aren't you?" She teased.

"Says the Russian assassin." I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Touche." She replied before slowly getting out of her chair, still a little in pain from her own injuries. She left the room to get Bruce and they returned quickly after.

"Good morning Y/n." Bruce said. I opened my eyes and smiled.

"Morning." I looked around to see Steve and Rhodey also in the room. Bruce came over as I sat up carefully. Nat put her hand on the back of my shoulders to help me.

"You'll probably have to stay in bed for a few more days." Bruce told me as he got a shot of morphine out of the small drawers. I groaned in protest.

"Nope, I want... Actually, I need a shower. And I want to get changed. Look at me? I fell asleep in my suit!" I looked down at myself, still grubby from the fight. Nat let out a small laugh.

"I can help you." She whispered in my ear and I saw Steve roll his eyes.

"Well you best go do it quickly, else the morphine will make you too wobbly." Bruce sighed as he injected me. I nodded and Steve came over to help Nat to get me off the bed. Now that I had laid down my legs were weaker. I stood up carefully, letting Nat and Steve support most of my weight. Once I was upright, Steve was able to let go and I held myself up better. The pain traveled down my legs but I fought it off with a firm smile. I took a deep breath before stepping forwards. I could feel my legs wanting to shake but I did my best to ignore it as we headed off towards Nat and I's room. Rhodey, Steve and Banner returned to their work, trying to answer as many questions from officials as possible and giving statements. As well as trying to track down Thanos by tracking energy levels in the galaxy to find one that matched the same levels as the snap.

Nat guided me to our room. "You look knackered Nat." I looked at the bags under her eyes.

"Didn't sleep well." She mumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was out for the count."

"Yes, I know. That arm chair isn't too comfy." Nat smiled as she closed the door behind us.