Ch 270: A Real Gun

Lin Ye is bewildered. His assailant's sword has been cut in half.

Was Maple really that sharp?

And what about his reaction speed? As soon as he realized it wasn't his own heartbeat, his body tensed and instinctually blocked the attack.

He never was this smooth while he was sparring with Yato.

He wasn't sure if it was Maple that was giving him power or if it was of his own ability.

Lin Ye's opponent takes a step back and retreats to a safe distance.

Lin Ye squeezes Maple's blade handle and stares at the attacker. The attacker was wearing dark clothes in the middle of the night, it wasn't easy to see them. They're wearing a ski mask to conceal their identity.

Masked enemies at the dead of night, if it was Lin Ye's first rodeo, he would've tried talking it out with them, riddling them with questions and such.

But after his experiences, he wasn't so sure; talking doesn't always work. Lin Ye can also take a guess at their origins too. After all, in Kjerag, the only one who has the ability and reason to attack them is the Aiben family.

Now that he thinks about it, the people who attacked him last time on the holy road were probably by the same people too. But why here? After all, he is still in Kjerag's city.

Lin Ye grips Maple tightly in one hand while slowly unbuttoning the coat with the other.

"Your weapon is gone." Lin Ye says loudly to the attacker, "How about surrendering? I won't kill you."

He expected the attacker not to speak to him, but the attacker then stands up straight and says slowly, "Outsiders, you shouldn't have come here."

He really spoke! Didn't he know the main reason why villains die is from talking too much?

Lin Ye is surprised but he didn't show it. He just says with a smile, "You don't welcome those who come to do business?"

"You're not here to do business." They say, "That is a lie."

".... So, you saw through me." Lin Ye nods his head, "I'm really not here for any serious business. I prefer to ship some smuggled goods. Are you a Feline? I can recommend a very good herbs for you."

The attacker says coldly, "No. You will leave. Before this place becomes your grave."

"Don't be like that. We were just talking about business here. It's not a good habit to threaten others." Lin Ye says.

"Also, it's not a good habit to be sneaky."

Lin Ye finishes speaking and quickly pulls Vector from his coat, aiming at the tent less than fifty metres away. Another assailant, this time with a machete, was less than five meters away from the tent.

"You were too loud," Lin Ye says and pulls the trigger.

This was the first time Vector has been fired since it came into Lin Ye's hands. Lin Ye breathed a sigh of relief after confirming that Swire didn't just give him a fake.

Although in order to save bullets, Lin Ye turns Vector to single-shot mode early in the evening.

Fortunately, even if Vector is on single-fire, the rate of fire is much faster than Lin Ye's Python.

The attacker who tried to bypass Lin Ye and go directly to Irene reacted was extremely slow. The first three bullets passed by him and hit a few centimeters behind him. He didn't make any movement. Standing still, if it weren't for Lin Ye attempting to miss, they would be already dead.

When Lin Ye fires his fourth shot, the enemy realised that Lin Ye was using a gun and attempted to evade. As the enemy moved his body to evade, two bullets collided with him.

With a groan, the assailant collapses to the ground. It's unclear whether he's alive or dead. Lin Ye didn't have time to assess the situation of his opponent. The other attacker rushes up to him again after he shoots. Lin Ye turned around to face the adversary. He sees that the attacker equipped two daggers after his initial long sword broke. This time, he also learns to be intelligent. Knowing Maple's sharpness, he did not use his own weapons to fight Maple one-on-one. He's relying on his combat abilities. He leans over to avoid Lin Ye's attack.

The dagger swipes near Lin Ye's neck.

Damn it!

Lin Ye takes two steps back.

His body reacts naturally, and the sound of the waves fills his ears. Before he can do anything, he notices that the attacker's arm is suddenly cut by a white light. His blood is splashed on his face as the attacker's movements slow down in his eyes.

In the moonlight snow, there was a wolf's howl.

It was Lappland.

"Let go of that doctor and fight me!" Lappland seems to have slept away from her previous bad mood was back to be her lively self again. She was holding her sword while making a come-on gesture.

The assailant's arm had already been severed, and he was unable to continue fighting. He snorts coldly, grabs onto his wound, and runs away. His movements are quick. He runs into the snowy forest in the blink of an eye.

Before leaving, the attacker gives Lin Ye a cold look and says, "You shouldn't save that bitch."

Lin Ye is relieved that his life was no longer in danger. However, he also failed to use the Wave Leaping Strike and is unable to catch up to the attacker.

When he sees the assailant running, he reluctantly raises Vector and pulls the trigger toward their back.

Twenty seconds later, Lin Ye walks to the face of the attacker who is now lying in a pool of his blood.

He sighs, "Damn it."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq