Fourteen|Something New

Monday ends before I know it closing into Friday

Monday ends before I know it closing into Friday. Lucas and I spoke the day before. His flight will arrive in the heart of tonight since he left in the early morning before the sun rose. A typical nonstop flight from Paris to New York is about 8 plus hours depending on if there are delays, etcetera.

He arrived home to quarantine for two weeks. I got a text letting me know a few minutes ago. Austin is ecstatic to learn Lucas is going to be back soon. Lucas and him have a mentor-mentee relationship as Lucas did most of his training when he first came on board.

I can't wait to see Eureka tonight. Last weekend was amazing. Being able to spend two days back to back at her place. Like a piece of heaven. I wasn't able to drop by much throughout the week to see her. Sadly. We made do with phone calls and video chats.

It's not the same as being with her.

There's been an influx of clients coming in this week. Mr. Nelson really loved my work and referred me to a few of his colleagues from the hospital he works. I found out through one of them he's a surgeon. Which explains why he's such a busy man and needed to meet so late.

I appreciate his referral. Things had slowed down at the beginning of the pandemic last year. The only drawback is with more clients, means more projects, meaning working hard throughout the day up into most nights. By the time days are over all I can think about is going home to sleep. I barely have energy afterward to chat with Eureka for more than a half-hour, before needing to sleep sets in.

Throughout the week mom constantly texted me about bringing Eureka. She's really taken a liking to my girlfriend. Kasia even called Monday afternoon saying she wished she hadn't missed dinner because she didn't get to meet Eureka.

Now as I pack up I text her letting her know I'll check with Eureka about her schedule. If anything we'll be over our Katina's tomorrow afternoon-if Eureka is available that is.

I can't confirm right away, as it seems her Saturdays are often packed with tutoring sessions. We're in April. The second half of the school year is underway with only a couple of months left before summer vacation rolls in.

A text from Kasia comes in.

Okay. Let me know if you guys will go to Katina's. If so I'll definitely come.

Alright, sis. Talk to you soon.

I send Eureka a text letting her know I'm going to grab a weekend bag of clothes then I'll see her soon. A response comes in shortly.

See you soon.

I miss her.

Thankfully the firm is a 15-minute drive from my apartment. I can't wait for another weekend with Eureka.