⁰³³ the three broomsticks

❝ you've got about as much experience as a twelve year old ! ❞

experience as a twelve year old !

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"FOR WEEKS YOU CARRY AROUND this book, practically sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the half-blood prince is?" hermione asked incredulously, as the four friends trudged through the snow.

"i didn't say i wasn't curious, and i don't sleep with it!" harry protested.

"i wouldn't be surprised if you did, to be honest." maeve shrugged, in agreement with hermione.

"it's true! i like a nice chat before i go to bed." ron stepped in with a nod. "now all you do is read that bloody book! it's like being with hermione."

"well, i was curious." hermione said, ignoring ron's remarks. "so i went to the library— and i couldn't find a reference anywhere to 'the half blood prince'."

"well there you go, that settles it, then." harry clasped his hands together, but stopped when he saw professor slughorn walking into the direction of the three broomsticks. "does anyone fancy a butterbeer?"

they loosened their scarves as they walked through the doors of the pub, the warmth from the fireplace hitting them almost immediately. there was a moderate hum of voices and laughter and harry led them over to a table that was just visible from the bar. "over here."

"something to drink?" a man asked.

"four butterbeers and some ginger in mine, please." hermione nodded politely, removing her jacket and sitting down next to maeve, opposite harry and ron.

"—i'll pay." maeve shook her head.

"no it's fine, i'll pay—" hermione argued.

"let me—"

"—oh, bloody hell." the red-headed boy interrupted with a roll of his eyes, tucking in his chair behind him.

"what's wrong with you?" maeve asked, putting her jacket around the back of her seat.

"slick git." ron mumbled, nodding towards ginny and an unknown fifth-year, who were talking quite closely in a booth in the corner. he was whispering into her ear, and she was giggling— their hands interlocked beneath the table.

"honestly, ronald, they're only holding hands." hermione sighed.

maeve cleared her throat, nodding back over to the couple again, who were now kissing.

"and snogging..."

"i'd like to leave." ron said defiantly, just as the waiter returned and handed them their butterbeers.