bonus: till the end of time.

1993:

1993:

"Oh, Remus, c'mon! Let's kill him!" Sirius devilishly cried out, his voice strained.

"Wait!" Remus tried to reason.

"I did my waiting!" Sirius yelled, pain echoing through his shrieks of anger. He was tired. Everyone knew that. "Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!"

The room went silent. Remus looked at his old friend with solemn eyes. He internally regretted yelling at Sirius the night he was sent away. He wanted to regret hating Sirius for thinking he was the one who had killed Cerise but deep down, Remus didn't regret that. If he took back all the anger he placed onto Sirius for Cerise's death, it would all go back to him. Remus couldn't let himself go through all that pain again.

For once in his life, Remus felt okay. Not great, but okay.

Remus's head turned from Sirius back onto Harry.

Harry trusted Remus with his life. Now, he looked at him like an enemy. An enemy that has been secretly working with his other enemy. Harry and Hermione cowered in the corner, terrified of what Remus was thinking about.

Remus stared at them, contemplating on what to do. He fiddled with his wand before slowly handing it over to Sirius.

"Very well," the professor let out, "kill him."

Sirius quickly grabbed the wand out of his old mate's hand but was cut off by Remus once more.

"But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why."

"I know why!" Harry interrupted. "You betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead!"

"No, Harry, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents but it was somebody who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead!" Remus explained sternly.

"Who was it then?" Harry asked.

"Peter Pettigrew," Sirius spit out each word of his name as if it were poison lingering on his tongue. "And he's in this room! Right now! Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!"

Suddenly, the wand in Sirius's hand flew out as an old classmate stepped into the Shrieking Shack with the group.

"Expelliarmus!" Severus quickly spelled out.

The three kids looked at their professor with nervous eyes and so did Remus.

"Oh, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you," Severus threatened slowly.

"Severus—," Remus tried to walk up to Snape but stepped back once the Slytherin professor pointed the wand at the sandy-haired boy.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle and now," he slowly explained, "here's the proof."