Chapter Forty

Gyuutaro stared at the ground. 'Where the hell did she go?' The black to green haired demon thought. There was no sign of her anywhere. She disappeared without a trace. "I can't believe I let her get away." Gyuutaro muttered angerly. Did Muzan want this girl for her powers? What even was she anyway? She wasn't a demon, but she wasn't human. Could she have been half and half? He didn't have time for this. The demon climbed back onto the rooftop and left to find his sister.

Mono quickly walked down the path, passing by crowds of people. "That was close." Mono said to herself. "No more using powers for now. I can't waste anymore energy." The white haired girl continued down the city.

"I'm telling you... There's a demon at my place!" A voice yelled. "It's a thing like this! Like this!" Inosuke said stretching his arms out. Mono's pink orbs stared up at the two familar figures in disguise. 'I'll visit them later. I need to take care of this wound.' Tanjiro was confused as to what Inosuke was talking about. The male kept making weird hand motions. "Like this! Do you understand?! Like this! I know what they're like!"

"Yeah, okay..." Tanjiro said. "Look, Uzui, Zenitsu and Mono will be here soon for our reports, so..." Tanjiro was cut off.

"Zenitsu isn't coming and I haven't heard anything about Mono." Uzui said, suddenly appearing. Inosuke stared at the male amazed while Tanjiro stared at the male. "What do you mean Zenitsu isn't coming? We can't find Mono-san either?"

"I think I've put all of you in danger." Uzui said, "I wanted to help my wives, but that led me to make some bad choices. Now both Mono and Zenitsu is missing. When someone disappears, we count them as dead. From now on I'll operate on my own." Uzui said standing up.
There was no way Mono and Zenitsu could be dead. They were strong, Mono even stronger than the small group of young Kanoes. Mono wouldn't give up so easily. She'd still be fighting for Rui and Enmu. She's got to be around here somewhere, Zenitsu too. He'd fight back, Tanjiro knows he would. They're alive he knows it.

"There's no shame in this. To survive means victory. Don't squander this chance." Before Uzui could leave the two males alone. Mono's bag shook. Uzui had completely forgot about Mono's bag that she had given to him. Uzui set the bag down and three little Nome creatures popped out of the bag. The three stared at the smaller creatures.

"What the hell are those ugly things?" Uzui questioned. The three liitle Nomes started attacking the tall male's toes. "You. Do you know what these things are?" Uzui asked pointing to Inosuke. The male didn't know what they were. Not even Tanjiro knew what they were. The burgundy haired male tried thinking back, trying to figure out if she had even mentioned these things.

******

"What about you?" Tanjiro asked.

"What about me?"

"Do you have anyone waiting for you?"

"Three kids." Mono said bluntly.

". . . Three kids?! Mono-san, how old are you?! Why would you leave them?!" Tanjiro said his eyes were wide.

"Well this is where we part, bye, Tanjiro." The girl said turning down a dirt path that led to the woods.

"Mono-san!" Mono raised her hand and waved to the boy.

*****

"Mono-san, you said you have kids?" Tanjiro said. "Yeah."

"Where are they?" He asked.

"Asleep."

"But, where?"

"In a pouch."

"Huh? What pouch?"

"A pouch."

"Well, how old are they? How big is the pouch? Are they in your bag that has a pouch in it?" Mono ignored the boy. "Mono-san?"

******

Were these the kids that Mono mentioned?

Uzui left the slayers with the three creatures. When the two turned their heads towards the Nomes they were gone. These were Mono's children they had lost. Tanjiro was freaking out when he lost the three Nomes.

****

Gyuutaro couldn't stop thinking about Mono. Why would she want to befriend demons? I mean she's a Demon Slayer, they kill demons like them. And out of all demons she'd try to befriend Upper Moons. It didn't make sense to him. What could she be up to?

*****

The white haired teen continued down the road. The young girl suddenly felt a shiver down her spine. The sudden feeling of being watched scared the girl.

*Sniff*

*Sniff*

"I've found you again, my love." Mono swiftly turned around and kicked the short male far. "Please leave me alone!" Mono yelled out, shivering from fright. "I'll find you again my fair maiden!" The male yelled out to the white haired girl. The girl continued on until she came up to the Ogimoto Household.

Mono made her way into the Ogimoto Household. 'This was where Inosuke-san was. Maybe I can find something here, but first...' Mono ran into an ally. She pulled the sickle out of her shoulder blade, and watched the wound heal slowly. Mono walked into the Ogimoto Household, surprisingly the women greeted Mono. They all had assumed that she was another new entertainer. Mono wondered around the halls. 'Inosuke-san said there was a demon at his location.' Mono thought to herself.

She listened closely to the voices in every room. She came into an opened room that was rather messy. The woman here would usually keep the rooms clean. This room can't be an acception, why would it? It's only a normal room... unless... something happened. Mono walked around the room, but the was no sign of anything. Mono stopped what she was doing.

'Those floorboards sounded hollow.'

************************ Taisho Secrets ************************

Mono: "Time for a Taisho Secret, not even just a fun little fact. Eight Five and Eleven's way of attacking his more slapping. With bigger creatures, humans and animals they go for the feet. They slap snakes, mice, rats, and other small rodents until they leave there home. They also smack when someone insults them."