Chapter 13

Oh, you are getting tired of this. You and Marty are climbing up the steepest mountain. And they need to tell Gloria and Melvin about Alex being kidnapped by a group of humans outside the reserved area. It is making Y/n worry so much if he's ok. After the argument he had with Marty, you thought it was best if you left him alone (to cool off some steam). It's very sad on seeing them argue like that, making you feel like the weak-type on not stepping in and handle their friendship. Your bare feet are killing you from stepping on the rough rocks. After a twenty minutes of climbing up, they made it to the top. Y/n squat down to take a breathe and wipe the sweat off of her forehead.

Marty: "Whew, we made it! Come on before Melvin jumps!"

You nodded and followed the zebra inside the volcano. The heatwave from the hot magma touched the warm skin of your body causing you to sweat more when you move close to the entrance. Wet substances appear through the stitched up crop top and beads forming on your forehead (again), so you took the ribbons off your hair to loosen it, letting your hair flow a bit.

The heat is coming closer as the both of you made it inside the volcano. It looks like the ritual sacrifice have to be canceled since Melvin doesn't want to jump anymore. What a relief.

Marty: "Hey! What's going on here?"

Gloria: "Marty! Y/n!"

Marty: "Hey hey listen up, Alex is in big trouble. We got to get upriver fast."

Melvin: "What about the plane?"

Marty: "Perfect, come on."

*time skip by Y/n swinging on a vine*

Back at the hut, it was nighttime and the chimpanzees are on strike due to all of them who wants a maternity leave for the hard work they helped on fixing the plane. Y/n is in the meeting between two monkeys and the penguins who are in a middle of a discussion. You watch as both animals having an argument on the deal for the penguins on accepting it, but for Skipper he denied of the chimpanzees' deal.

Thomas: "The plane won't be fixed until the chutes meets our demands. Now about the maternity leave."

Skipper: "Maternity leave?! You're all males."

Marty: "Look, we need that plane for a rescue mission."

Skipper: "Well there's nothing I can do until we bust at this Union."

Gloria stepped in the meeting as well as Y/N.

Gloria: "I'm gonna get the bustin up all of you if you don't get this plane going."

Y/n: 'And we need to use it on rescuing Alex before anything happens to him.'

Skipper: "Can't you see these commies have my hands tied here? No maternity leave."

Y/n: 'You don't have hands, you have flippers.' You sigh of the sentence he made.

Well that didn't work for Thomas and Phillip, so they came up with plan b strategy on Skipper's acceptance, by blackmailing him.

Thomas: "Maybe a certain someone wouldn't want these blowing around on the Savannah. Hmm?" He said as his friend Phillip toss a couple of pictures of Skipper with a handcrafted bobblehead hula girl together as a couple. You tried not to laugh at the pictures, but kept quiet and look away when the leader gave them, including you the stink eye. You remember before taking off from Madagascar, Skipper started flirting with the female bobblehead it was left inside the control room. And you also wonder how did Thomas and Phillip get those picture of them.

Skipper: "Alright, you get your maternity leave."

The chimpanzees got what they deserve as they cheer happily when Skipper finally accepted their maternity leave. They ran pass you guys on the continuation of fixing the plane.

Y/n: 'I hope it works.' You prayed if the rescue missions becomes a huge success.

The plane is now finished and ready to take off, the engine starts running and took off up in the air on rescuing Alex. You use your animal instinct on getting Alex's scent. He smells like grass and dirt mix together. You sniffed the pieces of his mane he shed after the crash, and then the air on searching for the trail of his scent. Suddenly you see something illuminating up in the mountain, it's fire. Maybe that's where Alex is. Y/n run towards Skipper and point at the direction where the fire is.

Skipper: "Looks like doll-face found where pretty boy is. Pedal to metal chimpanzees and step on it." He commanded to the small primates in the back.

The chimpanzees pedal more power to make the plane to move faster. You put your left foot on the edge of the plane as you hold on the metal bar; your hair flow through the wind as the cool breeze hit your face and body (you also forgetting to put your hair up into pigtails after you and Marty climbed down the volcano). Y/n's eyes turned into sad with the mix of worried thinking if Alex is okay and hoping the humans didn't harm them. And you would be furious if they lay a hand on your friend.

Y/n: 'We're coming Alex. Please be safe.'