𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱

"Get away from my boyfriend!" Bella made their hands separated and tried to push Luca away, but it didn't do much

"Get away from my boyfriend!" Bella made their hands separated and tried to push Luca away, but it didn't do much. The Volturi guard and his mate kept staring at each other. "Go away from us, you murderer" She spat, trying to grab onto Edward's hand, but he dodged it. Luca's red eyes finally fell down on her.

"I didn't choose to be a murderer. Yet, you're still going to be turn and it doesn't seem to upset you," He raised an eyebrow, almost daring her to talk back. Edward snickered quietly so only the vampires in the room could hear it.

"Oh, you have no idea how much she wants it," He talked lowly, earning a small smile from his mate. The boys' heart warmed at the fact that their mate was talking to them, sort of. Luca lost his smile quickly. He turned on his heels and started to walk away. He could only take two steps before Edward stopped him again.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I have to talk to the kings. I'll come back later," He smiled a little, looking up at the bronze haired vampire, who was slightly taller than him, before speeding away.

"Why is he coming back? Edward, get him away from me! I don't like him," Bella tugged on Edward's hand before he stepped away from her.

"Don't touch me, Isabella. He is coming back here whether you like it or not," He growled and sat down on a bench. Too shocked to say anything, she sat down away from him where Alice led her. A few minutes later, Luca came back, holding a bag in his hand. He sat down besides his mate, keeping a safe distance between them. But Edward didn't want that, so he closed the gap between them, making sure their thighs were touching each other.

"I am so sorry. I know I don't deserve you after everything I did, I didn't even wait for you, my mate," Edward grabbed his mate's hand and pulled it on his thigh, rubbing it with his thumb softly. "But I promise to do everything to win your heart. As soon as you lowered her shield, I realised how much of an idiot I am. I betrayed my family and took bad decisions for her, only for a blood singer that means nothing to me -"

"Nothing?" Luca let out a dry chuckle. "You were ready to die for her," He took his hand away from Edward's as if it burned him. "I am not a second choice. You realized something today, but you could have realized it way sooner to avoid all of this."

"So that means you don't want me as a mate?" Edward lowered his head, his heart aching and played with his hands nervously. Luca shook his head.

"Even if you are an idiot, I am willing to give you a chance. But you have only one. And do not expect me to forgive you tomorrow, I need some time," Luca pushed his hair back, Edward being entranced by the movement.

"I swear. I-" Edward got cut off by Bella.

"Edward! Come here right now, I have to talk to you," She demanded, earning a growl by both of the mates.

"Keep your mouth shut, I'm talking to Luca right now," Bella was gaping like a fish at Edward's answer. Why didn't she have control over him anymore? An hour ago, he was ready to get himself kill for her and now he didn't even glance her way? The bronze-haired vampire locked eyes with his mate, who was looking at him with sadness in his eyes.