Chapter 20: Charlie

'Are you still mad?'

I rolled my eyes.

'Yes'

Kim has been pestering me about forgiving her for telling Jared all I confide her about my relationship with Rosalie.

Her excuse was that she was so thrilled about having an unconditional best friend, she did not know the wolves could read each other's mind while shifted. That was a surprised for me too, then Kim begged me not to tell the pack I knew about their group telepathy since that was tribe secrets and I was not supposed to know about them.

Then I realized that Kim had not intentionally revealed my secret, she was such a blabbermouth. That lessen my anger but I was still not letting her off the hook that easy.

'I am sorry, baby!'

I placed the phone back in my pocket.

"I do not want you or Bella going in the woods" Charlie dropped in the chair in front of mine at the kitchen table "I will be going hunting later with Harry and some of the guys, those wolves are hiding out there"

"Okay" I nodded, and served myself one of the pancakes that Charlie made.

"I already told your sister but you know she has not a bone of survival skills on her body so be sure to literally knock some sense into her if you know she plans to take a hike or something like that" Charlie stated sounding serious

I smiled mischievously "Count on it"

"Any word on the Cullens?" Charlie asked me trying to sound casually, I eyed him before continuing spreading the maple syrup on my pancake.

"Maggie has not texted me back in weeks" I admitted with a sigh "I think it is my fault, I told her I needed some space and stopped talking to her then change my mind"

"What about Rosalie? Have you been emailing her?" Charlie arched an eyebrow, I stared at him for a couple of seconds a little confused.

"I told you when they moved away that we agreed on not communicating with each other" I shook my head, the nasty ball of pain at the pit of my stomach bounced. She had decided that at least.

"Yeah I know "Charlie made a sour face "Is just that I thought you were the smarter than that"

"What you mean?" I could not help but wonder with bitterness as I took a bite of my food, Charlie was staring at me and I was trying to avoid his gaze.

"Well it is not every day you can get a girl like that to date you, for you to just reject her" Charlie words made me gasp. The fork I was eating with fell off from my hand.

"Wha..." My voice broke with a tremble "What you said?"

"That Rosalie is beautiful, like really beautiful, and smart and she cares about you" Charlie placed his hand on my shaking one, steadying it "You looked the happiest I have seen you when you were with her"

"How?" I could not even form a proper question; tears were brimming in my eyes. Charlie knew.

Charlie knew about my and Rosalie. Charlie knew and her approved, that was even more shocking to me.

"You are my kid" he laughed "I've always known"

The relief that ran through my body was one of the best experiences of my life. My father knew I had a girlfriend and he still considered me his daughter.

My anger towards Renee grew, she had always made me feel as an outcast, when I had Charlie. A loving parent that accepted and approved of who I truly was.