Chapter 1

It's been a day since I've woken up in this prison. I have no memories of how I ended up here. Just a massive headache from a blow to the back of my head. My hair was already matted with dried blood. The last thing I remember I was definitely in my apartment on my bed... Upset. My webseries had just finished, and I hated what happened.

That didn't matter right now. I needed to escape. Unlike other prisons, there were no active guards, and the prisoners weren't kept in cells. When I had woken up, I had already been captured by slavers. We were held in a cell with no door. The other prisoners had explained to me the situation after I'd told them I'd lost my memory. We were all lowered in here after conviction with a bundle of food and the clothes on our backs. The area around the entrance has the highest concentration of other prisoners and therefore was the most dangerous place to be. People were jumped and killed for the food they brought in, or the shoes and clothes they wore. My first goal was to move further into the prison where there was less of a chance of running into anyone else.

It was easy to escape. You just had to show interest in one of the slavers. 'Interest' if you know what I mean. After that you punch them in the jugular while their pants are down and run.

I hadn't spied any slavers, or other prisoners, for a while now so it was finally time to figure out what was happening. My hair, which was normally short and black was now long and blonde. When I finally found a puddle, an unfamiliar face reflected back at me. Blond hair, dirty and tangled framed a heart shaped face. She was beautiful, even disheveled and malnourished as she was now. It was hard to distinguish the green in her eyes with the dim light cast by the magic fueled torch fused in the wall a short distance away. Who were you? Ripples broke the image in the puddle from where I'd touched it. Whoever she was, I was in her place now.

I think I understand what is going on. My body isn't my own, I'm in a place I don't recognize with people speaking in a language I don't recognize, even though I understand it. I'd been isekai'd.

I stared at myself for a long while. Blank. I thought I'd be happy about something like this. What reader doesn't dream of wanting to be transported to another world. I never wanted to have to pretend to want to suck someone's dick just so I could punch them ever again. Back home I likely never would have had to experience this.

My sombre stupor broke the moment I heard A yell behind me. My bare feet stung from the rough cobblestones and sharp pieces of stone littering the ground. The slavers probably took my shoes while I was unconscious so it would be harder to run. Some of the halls were lit sparsely by the strange torches, but others were pitch black. I had already run into several dead ends trying to navigate this maze. The voices were still behind me so steeling my nerves I ducked down an unlit hall feeling along the stone walls to guide me. It twisted twice before ending in a dead end. If I went back now, they'd surely find me, so instead I shrank into a corner and waited for them to pass. The sounds echoing down the corridor soon grew faint and disappeared.

Sigh, "Why couldn't I have isekai'd into a beautiful counts daughter, or a dukes... Or a farmers daughter who is beautiful and is discovered by a Prince disguised as a knight... UGHH." I buried my head in my lap. Instead, I had the slave beginning. Experiencing hardships before being whisked away by some... "Haah." What Prince was going to find me down here? There was no way I was letting these slavers catch me. Not while I could still fight at least.

Many of the web novels and stories I read had mentions of prisons but only one matched this one so well. Here, the prisoners were left to suffer in the dark, being reduced to animals to survive or be preyed upon. There was one well known 'exit' to the prison that was controlled by the slavers, though it was treacherous even for the experienced. Prisoners wishing to escape this hell often gladly gave themselves up to that future. Not me.

There was a second exit, though it was 'guarded' by a 'monster' a vampire; Eclis Dumont the Grand Duke and war hero of the Rose Empire. He had united the various nonhuman peoples across both continents and with that army they took over Ganimede forcing most of the humans to flee to Tyrra, the first continent, or second depending on who you were asking. If this was the world I was thinking, and if the novel hadn't yet started, Eclis was somewhere in this prison. Captured by the humans over a millennium ago and left to rot. A pang touched my heart.

Surrounded by silence I stood up reaching around me to feel my way out of this dead end. Strange, it was a dead end wasn't it? The hall extended on both sides of me, the wall I had thought I'd been huddling against never existed. Odd.

Not wanting to meet whatever I had narrowly escaped behind me, I continued down the dark passage. It twisted and turned and as I felt my way through and it frequently branched and forked leaving me to guess which way to go. I stopped fretting at the fourth fork on which direction to go and picked without thought hoping I'd somehow find Eclis. There was no way of course. In the book it was said that prisoners often died of dehydration or were captured by the slavers. Only one person ever found him, though they weren't named because they died quenching his thirst.

I kept walking. Hours passed before a blue light flickered into view. This long hall was finally coming to an end! It was cooler down here; the air was damp and the walls were beginning to become slick with mold and water. I found myself rubbing warmth into my arms. It opened into a small room with a single iron door in the middle of two blue magic torches. On the door was an insignia that struck me as awfully familiar... "No." It can't be. Despite myself, I grinned. Before me was the insignia of the house of Dumont.