7

Clay's POV

Clay smiled at their visitor as Prince Karl embraced George in a hug.

"Actually, it's King Karl now," Karl said.

Clay's lips tugged up in a smile. King Karl of Kinoko Kingdom. Now that's a cool title.

"King?!" George exclaimed after their hug, "Since when?!"

"Since two months ago," Karl replied with a grin, "My father decided to step down early, giving me the throne."

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you."

"I'm sorry about your father George," Karl said, becoming serious, "I would've gotten here sooner, but my father was still king and he needed me at home."

"Don't worry about it. You're here now."

Karl nodded with a small smile. His gaze flicked to Clay, who was standing several feet behind George.

"I heard you proposed!" Karl said to George, "May I meet the lucky man?"

George grinned and gestured for Clay to come forward. Clay walked up beside George and gave Karl a warm smile.

"Karl, this is Clay," George said, "the love of my life and my soon-to-be husband!"

Clay grinned wide at George's statement and Karl clapped his hands excitedly.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys," Karl said kindly.

"Nice to meet you, King Karl," Clay said.

Karl grinned. "Nice to meet you as well."

They shook hands and studied each other. Karl's gaze kept snagging on Clay's scars, but Clay didn't say anything. He just watched Karl curiously.

Karl radiated waves of happiness and energy. Clay took in Karl's genuine smile and honest expression. His brown hair bobbed up and down as he talked to George, weighed down by his crown. Karl's outfit was styled in his home colors: green, white, and blue. Detailed designs of red mushrooms decorated Karl's clothing. Clay decided that he liked Karl just from his mood and expressions.

Clay focused back on George and Karl's conversation.

"How are Tommy and Toby doing?" Karl asked as they started walking into the castle.

No guards followed behind, Karl was a trusted ally and friend. No one was worried, especially with Eret and Nihachu in their prison.

"They're doing great!" George exclaimed, "Toby is going to try out being a guard, so I recommend that you call him Tubbo."

"Really? That's awesome!" Karl replied enthusiastically.

George nodded. "So how long are you planning on staying?"

"I'm in no hurry to leave if that's what you're asking," Karl replied, "but I think I'd at least like to stay for your wedding!"

Clay grinned softly. They hadn't set up a wedding date yet, so Karl might be staying for a long while.

George smiled and Karl continued, "I'd also like to help you with Eret and Nihachu. L'manberg isn't far from my home and I have some useful information."

George and Clay's grins faltered at the sudden change in conversation.

"Thank you, Karl. I'll make sure you're allowed in our meetings," George responded.

The three walked around the castle for a while. They showed Karl to his room where he would be staying.

"What the honk?!" Karl exclaimed, "Sheesh, you really upgraded the place since I was here last!"