Chapter 24 | "be yourself"

Renjun just let out a laugh, turning her body to face him, as he pulled her into a hug. His muscular arms wrapped around her small frame as she smiled into his chest.

"Congratulations!"

Jisung and Mark instantly crushed their brother in a hug while Jiwoo embraced Miyeon. Haechan and Yangyang also walked up to them, patting Renjun on the back and giving Miyeon a squeeze.

"You did good, little brother. I'm proud of you." Mark said, nudging Renjun in the side. "and good job, Miyeon, I never liked that Harin anyway."

"You're gonna be with us forever now!" Haechan exclaimed, him and Yangyang once again crushing her in a hug.

"Uh... yeah." She said awkwardly, uncomfortable with all the attention. "I have no idea how to be a princess, though."

"Don't worry, we'll teach you everything you need to know." Jiwoo said happily. "You'll be a princess in no time."

Miyeon awkwardly laughed, somewhat shrinking into herself. Renjun watched her with a confused expression, seeing how uncomfortable she looked and clearing his throat.

"Well it's been quite a day, come on Miyeon."

He grasped her hand as she flashed him a grateful smile, and pulled her out of the room. The walked silently through the hallways until they reached the top floor. He led her out to the balcony and spun her around to face him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, gently grasping her hands.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"No I mean are you okay with all of this. Do you want this? This life?" He stared deep into her eyes, the concern written all over his face.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Well I never really asked you. I know you want to be with me, but I'm also a prince. Being with me also means being thrown into royal life. Into the spotlight. And I never really asked you if you truly wanted that. It was careless and selfish of me to not consider how this would change your life... I'm sorry." He spoke softly, looking at the ground.

"Hey, stop that." She used one of her hands to gently cup his cheek and make him look at her. "I want to be with you, and I'm ready for whatever else comes with that. It's a bit... overwhelming how quick everything just happened but don't doubt that I want this. I'll figure out how to be a princess and do whatever I need to do, as long as we get to be together."

"We don't need to rush into things. We don't need to get married or engaged or anything. We do this on our time, when and if both of us are ready." He said reassuringly.

"I like that."

He smiled down at her, the smile growing on his face as they gazed at one another, a familiar electricity between them. Renjun let out a gasp as he noticed a cut on her cheek from where his father hit her.

"He hurt you!" He quickly moved his hands to her face, looking at the bloody cut with increasing anger.

"Relax, Junnie, it's alright." She moved his hands down. "I'll treasure this battle scar forever, because i won, and my prize was you." Her eyes sparkled as she stared up at him with a soft smile.