25.

Hey guys, 

If you see my story on any other platform, could you let me know? Wattpad is the only platform I (The Author) am posting on for free. My books will be available to purchase on Amazon soon enough, but that will be the only place. Just shoot me a quick message so I can have it taken care of! 

Thanks! 

~Autumn

River's nerves were shot. He thought he was doing a good job of hiding it until his grandfather placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You need to relax. You keep growling in your chest."

River tried to take a deep breath, but caught himself in another growl.

He could sense his mate's anxiety as the ceremony started to speed up. The elders had no mercy when it came to traditions. Her sweet voice pleading for River's help broke his heart. He wanted to bust through the side of the hut and rescue her, but something held him back.

A lot was riding on her induction into the tribe. River didn't think his mother and father would have guided him to take Azzalea somewhere where she would die. His unborn child would perish as well and surely they wouldn't do that. There was no reason why she should not survive.

River didn't want to disappoint his parents once again.

His grandfather started singing. River didn't know what came over him, but he began singing his own deep notes. The melody fills his ears, making him turn his head to the sky. The sun was beating down on them all.

River loved Azzalea. He loved his youngling. Soon he would be able to communicate with his mate with more understanding and have the protection of his ancestors.

~~~~~

Blake couldn't stop obsessing over his encounter with the beast. People at his highschool laughed at him constantly, but it was something he couldn't get over.

Carl ended up changing his story, claiming to have been drinking and thought it would be cool to make something up. They two friends had a falling out.

"Carl, what the fuck?!" Blake shoved who he thought was his friend.

Carl shrugged. "I'm sick of being a laughing stock. I thought people would think we were cool."

Blake scoffed. "So you switch the story and make me look like a liar? I told the fucking truth. My mom thinks I drink now and has been on my case." It confused him that she was more upset that he could have been having a beer somewhere versus almost being killed by a sasquatch.

Their friendship ended that night with Carl getting a black eye.

Now he searched the internet for some sort of answer. That's when he ran across the username Bigfootsurvivor_1.

This guy was posting more information than most and it all made sense.

Bigfootsurvivor_1 told his story. His theory was he didn't out run the creature. That the creature let him go.

Blake clicked on the last page of the website.

If anyone has contact with the boys who were recently attacked, please message me. I would love to talk to them.

Blake hesitated over the message box. Bigfootsurvivor_1 was probably going to be the only person who believed him, especially now that Carl lied. He tapped his quick little message.