Chapter 45

Lucy's p.o.v

I grabbed the towel from the bathroom and threw it over my head. My clothes were still soaked even though I ran as fast as I could.

Fucking weather.

I rubbed the towel over my head and went to take a bottle of water from the fridge. I'd have to wait for a good half an hour for the water to heat up. Maybe I can order something. But it's raining pretty heavily. Maybe I should just eat whatever I have at home. Is it too late for cooking? What time is it anyways?

I searched for my phone in my pocket. There were few missed calls from Francy.

Shit she was probably still worried. This is why I said we shouldn't have done that. Hiding like this was only going to worry her.

Suddenly the doorbell downstairs rang. And it kept ringing. At this time? I thought I told everyone hanging out was canceled today.

I pulled up the front camera of the house.

Is that.....Is that Francy??

I ran downstairs and unlocked the door as fast as I could.

Through the door, as the wind, she got inside and took a good look at me. "You okay right? You're wet but you're fine right. Nothing happened." She was breathing hard.

"Yeah. Everything is okay." I answered confused. What was she doing here?

"Then why didn't you answer the phone?" She asked.

Oh, now this made sense. ."Because I put it on silent when Ace and Kai got home. In case they called me and I was still in your house."

"Oh." She took a deep breath. "Okay. Bye." She ran towards the door.

"Whoa wait." I grabbed her arm. "You just run like this to my house and you're gonna leave without saying anything else?" I pulled her back to face me and closed the door.

"I. I just um. Uh.. I wanted to see if you got home safely." She went for the door handle but I stopped her again.

"This.." I sighed and grabbed her shoulders. She tensed up and walked backwards until she was leaning on the door. "Doing this is driving me insane. I thought we were not even going to talk to each other nor be friends."

"I thought so too." She replied. "I.. I don't know why I did that. Why did I tell you to come over?"

"Yes why?" I leaned closer and threw away the towel from my head.

She was silent.

"Geez Francy.." I let go of her shoulders. "I know I'm not fair because I..I kept trying to get close to you despite everything we agreed on...but..I thought you would keep distance."

Her eyes narrowed. "Why? This was a two way deal. We ignore each other. We don't talk to each other. Yet here we are friendly and all."

Oh she was definitely angry.

"Well you broke up with me first." I said it knowing exactly that it wasn't like that and I knew it would make her angry.

She gasped, her eyes sending out little sparks of anger. "Fine you know what!! It's like that. I said it first. And I TAKE IT BACK."

Um what?

She continued. "Yeah. Yeah I TAKE IT BACK. I don't want to break up with you. Now if you want to break up with me you can say it first. " She took a deep breath and calmed down realizing what she said. But she still looked at me completely open and honestly. Her voice became really soft but breathless. "I like you. I can't stop it. Maybe I'm in love and there's nothing I can do about it. There I said this first too."