Chapter 4

"He's coming. Duck!" All three of us hid under the receptionist's desk as Mr. Kingston entered the building with his secretary by the side.

Three days passed and so far no problems. For the past few days we had been tracking every movement of Ian Kingston. His time of arrival, time of leaving, where he goes for lunch, which department he usually visits, who he meet with etc.

We made notes of everything so that I could use them to avoid meeting him in the future. I began coming half an hour earlier than him and left half an hour after him.

I wasn't sure if he remembers me but better be safe than sorry.

"What are y'all doing?" The receptionist frowned at us. "Get out of my desk"

"Shh" Brian kept a finger to his lips and hushed her.

The receptionist, who had a thin line of patience, stood up from her chair and looked down at us furiously. "Either go to your floors or I'll call the security"

Brian groaned and peeked over the desk at the lobby. "He's gone. We can go now"

We all came out of the desk and Lexi took her notebook out to write the new found information. "So now we knows that no matter how late he sleeps, he always arrives on time"

Oh yes we know everything. We knew he had a late dinner with Mr. Wills, the chairman of ENCOM last night. We knew at what time he came out of the restaurant, we knew at what time he went home.

And yes, we became, Kingston's crazy stalkers.

Not a proud title but very satisfying knowing I had a chance of 'not getting caught'.

We took the elevator and went back to our floor to find a glowering VP. "Mr. Scott, Miss Evans and Miss Benson, you were late for the morning speech!"

Oops.

"Next time you come late, I'll report you to the chief" She threatened and stormed out of the room in fury.

"As if chief would listen to her" Brian muttered as we sat down.

"So" I turned to Lexi. "Show me the notebook. What did you gather?"

She gave it to me and I flipped through the pages. Lexi had somehow managed to get hold of Ian's schedule and it was a blessing. Now I could use it to avoid going to events where he would be present.

I dragged my finger down the calendar inside the notebook and stopped at one date. "What is this? Fiancé announcing day?"

She nodded. "Mr. Kingston is going to announce his fiancé to the public at the company anniversary party"

"He has a fiancé?"

"Yeah" She shrugged.

"I mean how- when did it happen?" I asked in confusion.

"Well everybody's talking about it but you obviously live under a rock, so you wouldn't know" She said mockingly and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, weeks ago the story about Mr. Kingston having a fiancé got leaked to the media. And the public went nuts. You know, he's the hot handsome bachelor billionaire that everyone wants to marry" She said with a slight frustrated tone.

"I mean Mr. Kingston is handsome. Like very. But Daniel-" She fanned herself. "He's the hottest version of hot hot"

"What does that even mean?" Brian scowled.

"Back to the story Lexi" I said impatiently.

"Fine. So the media kept pestering the Kingston family asking who she is. And Mr. Kingston's mother said that her son would introduce her at the company anniversary party"