Chapter 4

Korra tried to retrace her steps, searching for that certain 'staffroom' that Mr Tenzin showed her earlier. She had 10 minutes until break ended, 10 minutes for her to at least make herself a cup of coffee. She definitely needed it but where the hell was the staffroom?

Her blue eyes peered down another hallway. Not that way. She looked down a different one. Not that way either. How could a building so small be so confusing? Korra passed Miss Sato's empty classroom 5 times before she realised that she was walking in circles. It only made her more tired, the kind of fatigue that required matchsticks for the eyes.
"Are you lost?"

Korra turned around to follow where that voice came from but no one was there. Her eyes lowered down and the boy stood behind her, looking up with his small eyes. You again?
"No." She replied.

"You look lost."

This kid.
"Well I'm not." She said.
"Aren't you supposed to be outside?"

The child looked away at the ground for a moment whilst he twiddled his fingers.
"Yeah..." he mumbled and then suddenly looked up to her with a grand smile on his face like before.
"But I like helping you. You need it."

This cheeky son of a..
"I'm doing perfectly fine thank you."

"What are you looking for?" His small eyes were the softest brown yet infused with more green, as if he held the new spring growth inside.

Korra sighed in defeat. She had a feeling this kid wouldn't leave her alone any time soon.
"The staffroom."

The boy waved his hand over and started to walk down the hallway.
"it's this way."
Korra followed her student.

<->

"So where are you from Kuvira?" Asami asked, making another cup of tea for the newest attender in the staffroom.

Kuvira got herself comfy on the sofa. With her elbow resting on the cushion and her leg crossed, she eyed the woman pouring water into a mug.
"Originally I'm from Ba Sing Se."

Bolin perked up at the mention of that city.
"I have family there. It's really nice over there."

Kuvira hummed in agreement and thanked Asami as she passed her a mug.
"What made you come to Republic City?" Asami asked as she seated herself down on the other end of the sofa, leaving Bolin between the two women.

"I've always wanted to be a teacher." Kuvira resisted the urge to cringe at her own lie.
"I moved to Republic city to pursue better education for it."

"I haven't seen you around here before, how long have you lived here?" Bolin questioned, his wide smile stuck onto his mouth and it never left.

Asami chuckled.
"Republic City is a big place Bo."

Kuvira forced out a small laugh.
"I've only been here three years, just studying here and there. You know the drill." She said and leaned forward in her seat.
"How about you two?"

Asami took a sip of her tea and placed it down on the coffee table so she could rest her hands into her lap.
"I've lived in this part of the city for quite some time now, pushing 4 or 5 years. It's really lovely around here."

Kuvira nodded in agreement and took mental notes that she could look into later at the office with Korra. She turned to Bolin and he answered almost instantly with enthusiasm.
"I'm a city boy. I've lived here all my life." He said and pointed his thumb to his chest.
"This school is great Kuvira, you'll love it."

Asami opened her mouth to speak but was immediately cut off when the staffroom door opened. Korra stood there, nodding her head to something that was standing outside before stepping in and closing the door. Her blue eyes scanned the staffroom and a smile played on her lips once she saw Kuvira seated with some teachers, however, she didn't expect her to be sitting with Miss Sato.