ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

MY EYELIDS OPEN and I realize that I'm no longer on an airplane but instead inside a car

In the driver seat is Vincenzo. Giovanni is in the passenger seat using his cellphone. They were both concentrated that failed to notice I had woken up.

I look outside the window. The trees were a green blur as the car moves fast. I stay silent not wanting to attract attention.

What if they don't like me? What if they are just like John? I start to think about all the what if's.

A large black gate appears on my line of vision. The gate has a letter 'M' engraved in the middle.

'Marino'

Very extra ... says my subconscious.

Vincenzo typed the password and the gates opened. A large amount of guards were there. All of them very serious and concentrated on their jobs.

We drive for some time before reaching their house. Or should I call mansion.

The mansion was beautiful, it had a dark and modern aesthetic. I think I fell in love with this house.

We head to the gigantic front door. My father and brother are already really tall but this door makes them look like ants.

The lobby is even more pretty. With a huge rounded mirror and a staircase that leads to the second floor.

It looks like a dream house, the only problem is that it does not feels like home.

A house is made of brick and mortar, but home feels loved, appreciated and safe.

It felt empty. No love.

We go to the dinning room where according to Vincenzo everyone will be at.

There was a large table on the middle of the room. There, were five boys, a girl and a woman. The two females had their faces plastered on makeup. Their clothes looked like they have been bought from the kids section.