𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

MJOLNIR

Darla insisted that Briar hung back and tried to find the others and she, Steve, Tony and Thor all walked towards Thanos with their heads held high.

"You could not live with your own failure." Thanos spoke. "And where did that bring you? Back to me." He paused, a sickening smirk playing on his face. "I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible."

The four of them split up to attempt to take Thanos on from different angels, hopefully this time killing him for good.

"And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." Thanos continued.

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn." Tony spoke up in agreement.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do." Thanos slowly stood up. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom." He placed on his helmet as he spoke. "And then– With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

Darla created a small ball of electricity ready to use at a moments notice, she wasn't going to lose her family, not after she just got them back. She would die fighting to protect them if that's what it cost.

"Born out of blood." Steve said calmly, although he was seething with anger.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." Thanos said as Thor let go of an angered yell before the four of them all lunged for Thanos.

Darla fired her blasts towards Thanos, not expecting to to even affect him, but she didn't miss the way he grunted at the contact. She furrowed her brows, wondering how it affected him so much. She didn't let it stop her too much, she concentrated the blast on him.

Thanos swung for Steve, sending him flying. Angered, Darla fired more blasts at Thanos. He turned to face the blonde before wrapping his hand around her neck and lifting her off the ground.

Darla struggled for hair as she tried to pry his fingers away from her neck. She let out a gasp, trying to get some air, but it didn't work.

Her eyes turned an electric blue as her whole body sent a shock to Thanos, causing him to let her go. Darla fell to the ground with a grunt.

"Dick." She uttered, slowly standing back up.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." Tony ordered, causing Thor to use Stormbreamer and Mjolnir to fire lighting towards Tony's suit, which used the energy. Tony then fired his bolts towards Thanos.

Thanos twirled his blade around to divert the blasts. Frustratedly, Thor threw Mjolnir toward Thanos, only for it be thrown in the opposite direction and Tony thrown along with it.

"Okay, big guy, just the two of us." Darla spoke cockily as she cracked her neck before firing everything she had at Thanos, distracting him from Steve coming up from behind.

Steve managed to kick Thanos' in the face, only for him to the thrown back. Thor nodded towards Darla, both of them lunging for Thanos. Thor used the stormbreaker whilst Darla focused all her power on holding him back.

Thanos picked Darla up and threw her to where Tony's laid. She hit her head against some of the rubble, causing her to let go of a groan and a few tears sting her eyes.

"Personally, I'd say that's uncalled for." She whispered weakly, before turning to Tony. "Hey, wake up." She lightly shook the man but he didn't move. "Tony." She shook him a little bit harder. Her heart started racing at the idea of him not waking up. "Come on, dad, you've got this." She whispered, shocking him slightly, causing him to let go of a gasp.

"I hate when you do that." Tony whispered. "Shock me. Call me dad all you want, kid." He smiled lightly tapping her nose.

Darla smiled at the action, but soppy stories could wait. Right now, she needed to help Thor, who was still battling Thanos alone.

She put everything she could into the blast, but she could feel herself growing tired and weaker. She needed a source of energy and soon.

Thanos grabbed both Thor and Darla before pinning the down against some of the rubble. Thor reached out, waiting for stormbreaker to come to him, but before it could, Thanos grabbed it and held it against his chest, whilst his other hand wrapped tightly around Darla's neck.

Mjolnir hit Thanos, freeing both Darla and Thor. Darla half expected it to be Thor who did it, but she couldn't help but let a smile appear on her face as she watched Steve catcher the Mjolnir.

"I knew it." Thor smiled before Thanos kicked him, Darla managed to roll out of the way just in time.

"That's my man." She smiled proudly.