Chapter 13

Author's POV

Weekdays passed by so fast and it's already Friday. Every employee loves when this day comes. Why? Simply because it will be their rest day tomorrow, Saturday! And for Seoyeon, she's looking forward to this weekend because she'll be seeing her parents after a long time. But for now, she's busy typing down the future schedule of Namjoon for the next month. As she was typing the appointments from her notes, one event took her attention.

"Oh, Hwayoung's Family Day at the kindergarten is on Friday, next week." She mumbled as she shrug and type it down.

It took her a couple of minutes to finalize and print everything. After that she placed them on her binder. As she was about to set it aside and face her computer, her phone vibrated. Picking it up, it made her smile to see the caller ID.

"Hi, appa!" She greeted in a whisper, yet the happiness is heard.

(Ah, hello, my little munchkin! I hope I'm not interrupting you.)

"Not at all, appa. By the way, how are you and eomma? I can't wait to come home tomorrow." She answered as she place her phon between her cheek and shoulder, so that she could stil type while talking to her father.

(Me and your eomma are fine! We miss you so much, that's why we prepared something for you. What time are you going to arrive here?)

"I'll be there before lunch. Also, I miss you both so much! I can't wait to see and hug you both, appa." She smiled as she sigh at the thought of being with her parents.

(Will you be bringing Eunhye with you, hm?)

"Well, about that woman, she'll be seeing someone this weekend so she won't be coming with me." But as she was listening to her father, the beeper suddenly lighted and notified her that she's being called inside Namjoon's office. "Appa, as much as I love to prolong the call, but I have to go now. Mr. Kim is calling me." She apologized.

(It's okay, munchkin. You better go and attend him. We'll see you tomorrow! Take care, hm?)

"I will, appa! Take care too, you and eomma. Love you!" And after her father bidded goodbye, the call ended and she stood up with her planner.

The ambiance of Namjoon's office changed even though nothing was moved from his things. It felt oddly breathable than before, if Seoyeon will conclude. She walked over his desk and plastered a smile as Namjoon's eyes landed on her.

"Yes, sir, you were calling me?" And she received a nod from Namjoon.

"I have an appointment tomorrow in Gwangju to meet an investor. I need you to come with me to assist and to record the minutes of the meeting." He informed her.

Gripping onto her planner, she's hesitating to tell Namjoon about her plans for the weekend. She hasn't returned to her parents for a couple of months already and she's really looking forward to see them tomorrow. So, silently praying for help, she took a deep breath.

"Sir, I'm sorry to break it to you, but will it be okay if I won't come tomorrow? I will just ask someone from the higher department to substitute me, if that's okay?" She asked timidly, earning a raised brow from Namjoon.

"And why is that?" He asked, letting go of his pen before clasping his hands together on the table.

"It's been months since I came back home to my parents. I was scheduled to go to Incheon tomorrow to stay with them for the weekends and they're really expecting to see me." She then lowered her head, readying herself to what Namjoon will say.

He may have done few changes to himself to these past few days after that lunch, but the fact that he was once like the monster Eunhye was pertaining, it sticked to Seoyeon already that he will shout or have fit whenever he doesn't like your answer. But surprisingly, the answer she was expecting is different from what she heard.