More friends

The first day, 6:00 o clock.

I woke up. Back in Abnegation, I had to do the same. Clay, my 'dad' that 'adopted' me, would kill me if I didn't. I had to make breakfast for the whole family and clean the house before they woke up.

I put on my clothes and went to the dining area. It was empty. I grabbed an apple and sat myself down on one of the tables. I could hear muffled voices in the distance. I took a bite out of my apple.

"You're up early," I turned around to see who it was, a beautiful young Asian woman. She had dark brown hair with a couple of green strands.

"Old habits," I say, giving her a quick smile.

"I'm Tori. Nice to meet you," she extends her hand out to me.

"River, it's nice meeting you too," I introduce myself as I shake her hand with a firm grip.

"So your the first jumper and the one Four talked about," She said, with a playful smile. I looked at her confused before answering. "I guess so," She patted me on the back. We talked and laughed some more until someone interrupted us.

"Am I seeing that right? Tori, talking to an initiate," We both looked up from our seats.

"I like this one, Four," Tori answers him with a bright smile on her face. I chuckle. Four just shakes his head with a smirk on his face.

"I want you in the pit over half an hour, don't be late," Four says with a stern voice, trying to be serious again. I roll my eyes at him playfully, which makes him smirk. I like this side of him, we could become friends.

"Okay, so first of all, come by my shop after your training. I'm going to give you a tattoo. And secondly, you will do amazing here. Four already likes you." She said, smiling.

"I will keep you to that one," I said, scrunching my nose a little, which made her laugh. "See you after training, Toor," I said over my shoulder, walking towards the pit.

"You better survive your first day of training. I want you to stick around!" She yelled back at me. I smiled to myself as I waved my hand in the air.

I enter the pit, only Eric and Four are there. A smile spreads across Four's face. "What?" I ask him, confused. Why is he smiling? I thought. Do I look weird? Did I do something wrong? "Nothing, it's just. Tori hates initiates, but she likes you," Four explains, laughing. "What can I say, big guy. I'm just likable," I say in a sassy voice as I give an innocent smile. He chuckles. Eric was just watching us with an eyebrow raised.

The other initiates entered the pit. I go stand in the line. Mia waved at me with a big smile on her face. I smile back, she is a real Amity. Eric was resting his body against a rock while Four stood in front of the group. I made eye contact with Eric before Four started speaking.

"There are 2 stages of training. The first is physical. Push your body to the breaking point and master the method of combat. The second is mental. Again breaking point. Face your worse fears and conquer them, unless they get you first. You will be trained separately from the Dauntless born, but you will be ranked together. After initiations, the ranking will determine what jobs you move into. Leadership. Guarding the fence. Or keeping the factionless from killing each other," It was a good strong speech. I wondered how long he worked on that.

"Ranking will also determine, who gets CUT," Eric's deep voice boomed through our ears. Fear spread on the face of the initiates. Their feared leader Eric added something they didn't like hearing. I was calm on the other hand. I don't show fear, and I'm not scared of Eric. He may look scary, but it's an act. Reading people was my thing. I have always been good at it.

"Cut?" The Candor girl asked.

"At the end of each stage of training, the lowest ranking initiates will be leaving us," He walked towards us while saying it. His way of speaking reminded me of an Erudite.

"To do what?" William asked, he was intimidated that's for sure. I rolled my eyes at his question. For an Erudite, he is hella stupid.

"Well, there is no going back to you're family so, you would be factionless," Eric's calm words hit the group like a train wreck. I was now sure he was an Erudite, well ex-Erudite. I wasn't faced with his words because it was kinda obvious.

"Why didn't we know that?" A random boy asked. I was so done with this group, just shut up. I sighed. Four made eye contact with me, we both thought the same: Shut your ugly asses up.

"It's a new rule," Eric was getting annoyed as well, which wouldn't be a good combination considering he has to train us.

"A new rule? Somebody should have told us that," Mia said. I elbowed and a look saying telling her to shut up.

"Why? Would you have chosen differently, out of fear? Well if that's the case, you might as well get out now. If you're really one of us, it won't matter to you if you might fail. You chose us. Now we get to choose you.

A/N: Sorry, this episode is boring, but I liked making it. It's just some friendly fluff. I wanted you to get to know the characters a little better. Hope I succeeded.