much to do about nothing

“Eva, do you want to go shopping for dresses tomorrow?” Alice asked as we waited for the rest of the family to turn up in the car park.

“Sure, Rosalie should come too and maybe Esme. We could make a girly evening of it,” I suggested.

“I like the way you think” Alice grinned, pulled out her phone and started to text Esme and Rosalie our plans for tomorrow.

“It’s sorted” Alice told me a couple of seconds later since both women replied almost immediately by changing the future.

Soon after everyone else turned up and we separated to get home; Edward and I alone in a car.

“so how was the romantic lunch” I teased.

“complicated” he sighed.

“you said too much but not enough” I guessed.

“yep... what’s this about you going out for a girly evening tomorrow” he changed the subject.
“dress shopping for prom. I’m going to prom with Jeremy” I shrugged.
“Eva, I don’t like him” Edward frowned.

“why?” I frowned back.
“just something about him, if you were my human little sister I would say stay away from him” he shrugged.

“but because I’m not human and I can defend myself...” I prompted.

“be careful” he smiled.

When I got home, I threw on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a random top then walked straight back out of the house; somehow Edward managed to follow even though I was quick.

“you don’t mind, do you?” Edward asked. He had guessed I was going hunting and for a long run to take up the night.

“just don’t steal my mountain lion again” I joked and he rolled his eyes at me.
“bet I can run faster than you” he challenged.
“I’ll even give you a two second head start” I shrugged. he smirked back and the race was on.

He was fast, faster than Carlisle who was older than him... but on an excellent day I could just about be faster than Edward. Today was one of those days. I sailed past him and started laughing at his shocked face. He must have forgotten that I had been working on my speed recently. Suddenly he stopped dead behind me and I was confused.

“Eva come here... NOW” he demanded. I turned around and frowned at him.

“keep your thong on Edward” I smiled.

“Eva, you crossed the line” he panicked.