[ Chapter V: Different ]

☾Third Point of View☽

Third Point of View

He couldn't hear anything around him as they all blocked out to sound like white noise ringing in his ears. His body burned up as he was pulled to a chest, and for once, since a long time— he felt safe.

Atanas's head felt like it was being split apart, and the man who held him carefully, layed him down on the soft mattress of the Emperor's bed.

Claude never uses the bed and always passed out on the couch instead. Felix would've chuckled at his friend's habit if not for the situation at hand.

His charcoal colored eyes stared down at the flushed face of the crown prince, worry and a hint of sadness in his gaze.

Felix brushed back the pale blonde bangs from the boy's face, even with a small touch he could feel his forehead burning up.

"Please recover quickly, your highness." He whispered.

The kind words Atanas had never received from anyone, soothed the unconscious prince as his expression relaxed.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Pale colored lashes slowly fluttered open, jeweled eyes being revealed behind the once closed eyelids. The prince slowly pushed himself to sit up despite his body's protesting.

"What happened...?" He muttered to himself, glancing around the room which he came to recognize after a few seconds. Once it settled in, he stiffened up, 'His majesty's room?'

It was silent, no one in the room was with him and it didn't sound like anyone was outside either. He chose to ignore the fact that no one was waiting for him— but he told himself it was fine. It was like his normal mornings anyways.

This much was fine to Atanas. He's dealt with worse, he had no time to dwell on childish thoughts. Instead, he parted his lips to call a certain name he was fond of,

"Felix...?" His voice was scratchy and hoarse, both from just waking up and being bedridden with a fever.

"..."

No response was received. Atanas pulled the covers off of him, carefully setting the sheets aside as he took care in the fact it was his Father's bed. The boy was careful and smoothed the sheets over despite his arms shakiness begging him to rest again.

Swiping pale blond bangs away from his damp forehead from sweat, he started walking towards the door. His eyes wandered the large room as he did so.