13 | Jade

Cairo brushed my wavy hair to hang over my shoulder as we sat beside each other in his large office at his record label's headquarters

               Cairo brushed my wavy hair to hang over my shoulder as we sat beside each other in his large office at his record label's headquarters. He rubbed our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand, making me smile.

               For the passed few days, while interviewing possible surrogates, Cairo has been making me smile more than I cry. I haven't had that feeling since the first two years of our relationship and I loved the feeling of it.

               Cairo has been showing me the affection as a wife I deserve, he's more patient, and been helping me produce beats for my up and coming EP.

               And as Cairo promised, he haven't laid a hand on me.

               These days have felt so amazing for me.

               Now we're meeting with yet another surrogate since the other's we didn't approve of and Cairo was letting me be the one to choose. The ones I've passed up was too young, too sexy, and too thirsty.

               The women weren't aware of Cairo and me being the couple searching for a surrogate, but once they saw it was the Cairo Norman, their true colors came out—me beside him, or not. Sadly for them, they were quickly declined and wouldn't receive the fifteen thousand dollars a month for nine months.

               Cairo rubbed my arm. "You think you gon' choose this one?"

               "Sure. . As long as she's not thirsty, too young, or too sexy." I said making Cairo chuckle and plant a kiss on my temple.

               Someone knocked on his office door and Cairo said, "Guess we'll see, huh? Come in!"

               The door opened and Cairo's executive assistant, Avery, came in. "Tonya Thompson is here."

               "Send her in."

               Avery gestured to the potential surrogate and she was coming in in casual wear and Hersey touch complexion. She was a pretty individual with her hair cut short.

               Cairo and me stood to greet her, shaking her hand.

               Tonya smiled saying, "It's really nice to meet you two."

               Her energy's welcoming, so that's a good sign. "Of course. Have a seat."

               "How old are you? If you don't mind me askin'." Cairo spoke.