Chapter 7

∾ Uncharted Territory ∾

- Chapter 7-

Warnings for this chapter: Occasional Curse

⊱⊰ Saltzer's Pov⊱⊰

I yawned, getting up out of bed. A new day had begun and it was time to annoy 6030 again. Wait, did I say annoy? I meant study. Yeah, study. I cleaned myself up, getting rid of my bed hair and getting into my lab coat. Today I would be questioning 6030, and hopefully it would all go smoothly. 

I walked down the hall, grabbing two sandwiches from the mess hall before heading to work. I would give one of them to 6030, and hopefully make it more likely to respond. I hid them in my coat, attempting to save them for the right time. I didn't want 6030 getting them beforehand. I met up with Peter and Mike at the next junction, and we chatted about a few mundane things. After a minute or so, we headed off to Bendy's chambers.

We opened the heavy sliding door, the Scp already waiting for us. I always wondered how it was able to know when we were coming. It might be a good idea to check its vision, hearing, sense of smell, etc. "So, first things first, we're going to be questioning you again. After that we're checking your senses." I informed the Scp of our plan beforehand, hoping I could build trust that way. I watched the Scp's body language carefully. As I said before, sometimes the physical attributes of an anomaly can help us better understand it. In this case, body language was a clear indicator of its mood. 6030 seemed relaxed on the surface, but its unwavering gaze showed its alertness and tension. I was looking forward to mapping out its little signs.

Bendy only nodded, before standing up. Mike and Peter clipped on the leash, before we headed to the first room I ever met the Scp in. The entity glanced around, but saw nothing different from our last visit here. I sat down at one end of the table, my guards sulking to the walls while the Scp sat at the other end. They would intervene if 6030 became aggressive, but I somehow doubted that would happen.

Bendy was looking at me curiously, as if he knew something I didn't. I shifted my coat a little, confirming my suspicions. The Scp in front of me deeply inhaled, and focused on a point of my coat. It had a good sense of smell then, since it was exactly where the food was located. I slowly took out the sandwiches, and I could tell the Scp was very interested. So interested in fact, that it lunged at me from across the table.

⊱⊰ Bendy's Pov⊱⊰

As soon as the first sandwich left the doctor's coat, my instincts went wild. I was hungry, my stomach cramping and demanding food, and my instincts were not helping. They told me to get the food, otherwise the man would eat it or take it away. It was either eat or starve, there was no medium. It was a basic rule in the studio. If somebody had food in plain view, they were vulnerable to attack. Somebody could very easily be overpowered by a gang of starving lost ones or the hag with a halo. Food had been so scarce at the studio, you could barely find enough to make it through a few days. Many ink creatures began hoarding soup, and unless you were lucky enough to stumble upon its hiding place, you often went hungry. I was not thinking rationally as I pounced at the doctor, claws outstretched. I dully noted the guards running forward, sticks at the ready. My mind was focused on the food alone. I remember grabbing both the sandwiches, the doctor panicking beneath me as I rushed under the table. One of the guards grabbed Saltzer by the underarms, dragging him further away from the table as his friend stood guard. The humans retreated to the opposite side of the room, silent, as they let me have space to eat.