A new hunter

Third Person POV

The Hunt was resting in the woods near when they heard several curse words from a female voice.

A hellhound ran out only for a whistle to pierce the air and a hooked staff, covered in fire, slammed into the spine, making it explode into golden dust.

"And fuck off!" a voice said, and a 14 or 15 year old girl with waist length silver hair tied back into a braid and oak red eyes entered the clearing.

She looked to be a runaway wearing beat up jeans, a weathered black jacket, combat boots, and a black and gold shirt. She had a messenger bag on her side and was limping on her right leg.

The new girl grabbed the hooked staff, which was made out of silver and some red stone, and it shrank into a red and silver snap bracelet.

"Good aim." Jasmine whistled.

"Nice hit." Artemis praised.

The girl spotted Artemis and quickly bowed. "Lady Artemis! Sorry about that, but it attacked me and I got pissed."

"Who are you anyways, little one?"

"My full Runa Hestia Davis but call me Runa, daughter of the Typhon, legacy of Hecate but I've sworn not to take Kronos's side!" the girl said hastily.

"I don't judge on linage." Artemis said kindly. "But-"

"I know, if Olympus finds out about me I'm dead. Just don't kill me, I already escaped Tartarus." Runa sighed.

"...What do you mean 'already escaped Tartarus." Artemis demanded, eyes narrow.

Runa looked away. "I don't want to remember."

Artemis turned to her Hunters. "Make camp please for our guest. Runa do you want to join the Hunt? I can protect you from the other Olympians."

Runa's red eyes lit up. "I would love to! I need to practice my monster slaying skills anyways, monsters tend to avoid me."

Artemis smiled. "Very well, repeat after me: I pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis. I turn my back on the company of men, accept eternal maidenhood, and join the Hunt."

Runa nodded and said "I pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis. I turn my back on the company of men, accept eternal maidenhood, and join the Hunt."

A silver glow surrounded her, and Runa had officially joined the Hunt.

Jasmine smiled widely and hugged Runa. "Welcome to the Hunt sister."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine's POV

"What's your story Runa?" Mia asked while the Hunt relaxed in their camp, the fire cackling merrily. 

Runa froze momentarily. "Its... its bad."

"We all have bad backstories." I informed her "That's what brings us together."

"You don't have to tell us." Celeste said while practicing her magic against Aurelia and Lilith. "Incantare: pugionibus peti ignis!"

Lilith countered with a barrier spell while Aurelia dodged and sent lightning lances at Celeste.

"I will tell you may pas then, I need to tell it if it can bring me closer to my new family." Runa said. 

Runa took a deep breath. "When I was four years old, my mother threw me into the Pit, just because I was a daughter of Typhon. I only survived due to my parentage and that Grandfather Tartars blessed me to survive The Pit as if it was paradise and the Five rivers will heal me. Also increases my control over monsters. I know the Pit like the back of my hand."

She slapped her snap bracelet, turning it into its true form. "I made this with the help of a friendly giant when I was very young. Its made from silver and Tartanian Ruby, so it can harm monsters-if any attacked me-mortals, demigods, and gods. Anyways, I learned how to survive down there, and man is it a place to learn how to fight. I also learned about Greek History."

"Wait how did you learn how greek history down there?" Phoebe asked.

"Because monsters are the biggest gossips ever?" Runa drawled.

"Fair point." Carly said.

"Can you turn your staff into anything else?" Takara asked.

Runa twirled her staff and it turned into a silver and Tartanian Ruby spear.

"Nice." I said approvingly.

"Thanks." Runa said before sighing and continuing her story.

The newest Hunter looked into the fire. "When I was 10, the monsters began to act up. The Crooked One somehow got someone on his side. When I was 12, a satyr almost fell into the Pit. The same summer, the Crooked One learned of my existence and tried to convince me to join him. When I refused, he sent waves of monsters after me daily, but since I have divine control over monsters, I defeated them easily."

"Oh." I whispered. "That's horrible."

Runa sighed. "I found an opening to escape last year with grandfathers help. I've been up in the surface world ever since. When I saw the night sky for the first time... I cried out of sheer joy that I was out and free."

There was silence.

"But I have a new family now." Runa said firmly. "The Hunt is now my family."

I looked up at the night sky.

The Hunt really was my family.

That's today's chapter, I hope you have enjoyed it.