Chapter 9

Continuation of flashback...

"Don't be afraid, Mew Mew." This kid told me. He is acting brave while I am being nervous.

It is my fault that he is here in this place.

It's my fault for asking my guard to leave.

The kidnapper faced us. Gulf hugged me when he saw the guy. He is so ugly. He was grinning at us like a real evil person.

"Instead of earning 20 million, I guess I can earn double because of that little guy. Don't worry taller kid, your parent already agreed to the price. But for this little kid, your parents are not willing to release their millions for you. I pity you." He laughed.

I tapped Baby G's back. "We will both leave here. Don't worry. I promise you."

His eyes started to become watery. "My parents will not give him money. They always fight about it."

"If they can't, my dad will give it for you," I assured him. "Now, sleep. When you wake up, we are already out of this place." He forced to close his eyes.

"Bring me with you, okay?" He begged.

Almost two hours have passed and my dad came in with a bag full of money.

"You can check it if you want. I will have my son back." My dad told him.

"Check it." The evil guy ordered his men.

When they confirmed that dad brought an exact amount, he asked someone to release me. I immediately ran to my dad and hugged him.

"Let's go, son." My dad asked me. He checked me if I am hurt.

"We need to bring Baby G with us," I pleaded.

"You cannot, little kid. That kitten has a value too. Just leave this place unless you want to pay another twenty million for this kid.." He warned us.

"Dad, please." I pleaded. I promised this kid.

I saw the kid opened his eyes and looked at us. "Are we going home?" He asked innocently.

"Not yet kid. We are waiting for your payment. You two, leave this place, I will search for you again if you dare contact the cops."

"Dad, let's get him."
I asked him again.

"Go ahead and bring him if you have another 20 million with you." He is really evil. "Leave."

"We will contact his parents, son. I'll find a way when we safely step out of this place. Let me bring you home first." My dad trying to drag me out.

"It's okay, Mew Mew." He is already crying. My dad carried me.

I saw the kid stood up and tried to chase us. Before I can even let go of my dad's grip, the sound of the firearm filled the place, followed by the kid's grunt.

"We need to get you out of here first. Your safety is the priority."

On our way out, we saw a couple bickering with each other. They were crying. They must hear that sound too.

"Sir, is my kid there?" The mother asked us. "Is he hurt?"

"Sorry, but we need to leave him there." My father answered.

It took more than a month before my dad allows me to check baby G on their house.

He was inside their gate when I managed to see him from the small hole. He began crying when he saw me. He was holding his head grunting from pain. It was like he see something scary.