II - Chapter 10

Alexis POV

From between the thick curtains, a morning sun has managed to sneak into Vanessa's bedroom. Watching it get brighter by the second, I knew it was my queue to leave. The last thing I wanted was for Amira to catch me staying overnight. I didn't want to complicate things between her and Vanessa.

Speaking about the beautiful dark-headed woman, she was currently subtly snuggled into my chest, having what appeared to be a peaceful night, which I envied terribly as I wasn't able to close my eyes for the last couple of hours.

My fingertips carefully tracked her jawline afraid of waking her up. A smile cracked upon my face at the sight of her lips going slightly agape as she breathed softly in her sleep. Her long and dark eyelashes were beautiful, I bet many women envied her unique features and gorgeous bright eyes. In all honesty, how she was interested in someone like me was beyond my comprehension.

"My queen..." I whispered lovingly as I continued caressing her defined cheek.

My mind has begun wandering back into the evening, which has instantly set my cheeks ablaze. Groaning I shook it off, not ready to recall any of my recent acts. What came into me was a mystery, but at the time it felt like a most natural thing to do - And so I did it.

I really did it...

God.

I wanted to hide under the blanket and never come out, but the current situation didn't allow me to do any of that. The clock on the nightstand showed three till five, which was a perfect time to leave, remembering that I had to get back before Mark realizes I was gone.

Discreetly moving away from Vanessa, I successfully sneaked out of her bed without waking her up. Taking off my teacher's oversized shirt, which I found myself to be the most comfortable in, I folded it into a perfect square before changing into my own clothes.

I felt shaky and my heart was beating at an uncomfortable rate. The last thing I wanted was to leave, but it wasn't worth the problems it could cause, with Mark getting suspicious about my whereabouts it wouldn't be good. I took three deep breaths in and out before gently slapping my cheeks to wake up and tiptoeing towards the door.

"C-c-crap, I forgot," I scolded myself under my nose and rushed back towards Vanessa who was adorably cuddled into the pillow. Planting a quick peck onto her lips, she muttered something in her sleep, and I could swear her lips lingered on mine, as if not wanting for it to end.

Grumpily puffing my cheeks, I moved away and left her room, only to be met with something touching my ankle, successfully giving me a scare. Looking down I realized it was the cat, about whose existence I totally forgot.

"Y-y-you scared me," I giggled receiving a loud meow in return. "Shhh," I hushed worried he would wake up the girls. "Cmon, l-l-let me f-feed you." I didn't have to say it twice, as he quickly followed me into the kitchen.

I chuckled at the sight of the amount of random pet food and treats Vanessa has gotten him. She really must have just taken half of the store unaware of what he would like – Cute.

"Alrighty, h-h-how about chicken l-liver and duck?" I raised a brow and displayed the can to the cat who began maneuvering between my legs with a loud purr – I took it as a yes.

Pouring the food into his bowl, which by the way looked like Vanessa has also bought him, I was met with one satisfied meow. Now I could finally leave.

"Mama?"

I gasped and turned towards Amira's bedroom door, where the child's sleepy figure was standing and looking at me with confusion and sleepy eyes.