𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

PODIUM

It had been two days since Darla's funeral and Steve had finally pulled himself together to go and return the stones. During the funeral a plan had formed in his head and he hoped to God that it would work.

"Now, remember. You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce spoke slowly, knowing the hard time that Steve was going through.

They all missed the blonde dearly, none of them had expected it, least of all Steve. They all thought after Tony's death that they would all be okay, but the clearly thought wrong.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve nodded understandingly as he closed the case with the stones inside and looked up to the man.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back." Bruce said as he spoke about Natasha. "I miss her, man."

"Me, too." Steve nodded, but there was no one in the world he missed more that Darla right now. He lowered his head and let go of a shaky breath.

"You know, if you want, I can come with you." Sam offered, he didn't want Steve going through all of this alone, especially not since he just lost Darla.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve attempted to smile but it was no secret that he was hurting.

The bags under his eyes showed that he hadn't slept since the events occurred and his red eyes showed that he'd been crying a lot. Sam hated that his friend was in so much pain, he just wanted to do all that he could to help.

"Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back." Steve spoke as he made his way towards Bucky. He hadn't actually expected Bucky to remember what they said to one another back in the 40's, but he thought that it was at least worth a shot.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky smiled. Steve had told him of his plans and as much as Bucky would miss Steve, but he knew that it was for the best.

"Gonna miss you, Buddy." Bucky whispered as he quickly hugged Steve.

"It's gonna be okay, Buck." Steve attempted to reassure the man, he knew that his plan would be a shot in the dark but it would be worth it.

"How long is this gonna take?" Sam questioned as Steve made his way to the podium.

"For him? As long as he needs. For us? Five seconds." Steve lifted the Mjolnir and nodded towards Bucky. "Ready, Cap? Alright. We'll meet you back here, okay?"

"You bet." Steve nodded, despite knowing otherwise.

~

Steve saw the crash site and rushed over to the blonde girl. He pulled her out of the car and held her tightly. He'd missed her badly.

Darla looked like she was covered in cuts and bruises and the sparks from the electrical fence had clearly hurt her.

He just held her tightly as her eyes fluttered opened slightly only to be met with a stranger holding her tightly.

"Hey." She whispered as she clung onto his bicep, slowly sitting herself up. "You saved me?"

Steve just smiled in response with a small nod. She looked exactly the same. Her blonde hair fell in front of her green eyes, that still sparkled despite the injuries.

"Of course I saved you." Steve smiled.

"This probably looks really bad huh? I didn't steal the car. It's my friends I was just borrowing it." Darla lied.

Of course Steve knew it was a lie, so instead of saying anything he brought his hand and cupped her cheek and pushing her hair behind her ear. He didn't miss the way she nuzzled into the warmth of his palm and closed her eyes at the contact.

"You don't know me yet, but I can explain everything." Steve whispered softly.

He didn't care if it would mess up the time lines or ruin the reality's, he loved Darla and he wasn't about to lose her. He would do everything in his power to get the girl back.

"Do you trust me?" He questioned softly.

"Apparently with my life." She chuckled softly, feeling comfortable around the man. Something about his presence made her feel safe and like she could trust him.