Prologue

I sat on the sofa, watching as Allmight rescued a ton of people from burning rubble.

"Don't fear, for I am here!"

I ignored the blonde hero, as awesome as he is, and focused on the hero saving others by flying them out of the rubble. I grabbed a handful of the popcorn from the bowl in my lap, and hate it.

"Go mom! You can do this!"

After Allmight was interviewed, mom came on!

"We are here with Butterfly hero, Freedom Flyer! Do you have anything to say to the children at home?"

"Only to one. Do you see me, honey? Did you see how fast and strong your mommy was? When you get your quirk, you'll be faster and stronger than I ever can. I'll always cheer you on honey."

I grinned and watched as mom gave me a thumbs up, only for the ground to start shaking. My eyes widened, as a loud roar shook everything, I even heard it in person.

I watched as a ton of kids climbed out of the rubble, all of their eyes pitch black. The tallest one, who looks about sixteen grinned. He roared, and more children gathered. Mom grit her teeth, and faced them, her wings flaring out.

Allmight stood next to her, and clenched his fist.

"Allmight, you keep rescuing people, I'll hold these guys off."

"But,-"

"Just because I'm small, doesn't mean I'm slow. I'm faster than you Allmight. Hurry. This is the Black Eyed One. If he's here, then All for One..."

He nodded and dashed off, carrying everyone away. Mom watched as waves of kids climbed up, staring down at her, some showing off their quirks.

Mom grinned, before turning into a blur. I watched as the grey blur flew back and forth, causing kids to disappear.

"Go mom! You're the fastest hero in history, they're no match for you!"

I was immediately interrupted by thousands of feathers attaching to and slowing down mom. Eventually she was dragged down, and I watched as chains flew at her and wrapped her up, before the feathers formed wings on the back of a kid.

I watched as a man with black eyes walked up to her, with a grin.

"It wasn't smart, splitting up with Allmight."

"He won't fight kids. I just kept him from being added to your numbers."

"Your speech, to your kid at home. Very heartwarming stuff. Shame he's about to watch you die on live television."

I set down my popcorn, and stood up.

"Come on, mom. Break out of there and take him down."

Mom ignored him. She turned to the camera, and her smile came back, larger than before.

"Remember what I said, Y/n. You can be the best. Get better than me, and catch this monster. I'll be watching over you. I love you.  I can't wait to see you again in heaven."

I felt tears come down my face, and tears came down hers as well.

"Good luck, my little larva."

I watched as the video cut off, and the reporter could be heard running off.

"Oh god, holy shit! I can't believe this!"

They stopped runing, and a loud smashing noise was heard in the background.

"He just fucking killed the number two hero!!"