50│THE NAME GAME

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Wow, it is true what they say, pregnant bellies look like a drum," Chandler joked when Phoebe walked into Central Perk with a drum.

"Ha-ha," She laughed dryly, "No, it's just I'm so pregnant that my guitar doesn't fit anymore. So I thought 'til I'm not, I'm just gonna play all my songs on this drum. It sounds really cool!"

"I didn't know you could play the drums," Veronica said as she stole a bite from Joey's muffin.

Joey immediately removed the muffin liner and held out the muffin to his girlfriend. "Here, baby. Have the whole thing."

"Yay!" She grinned before she held out her chai latte to him, "Here."

"You two are so in sync it's both cute and sickening," Chandler grumbled.

"Well, I didn't up until an hour ago," Phoebe explained before she started playing the drum, "Listen. Listen. Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?"

"Wow, Pheebs! That sounds great!" Joey cheered for her with a bright smile.

Before the four could discuss her new instrument, Alice rushed into the coffeehouse.

"Phoebe! Phoebe! Hi! Hi!" She called in her usual

"Hey!" Phoebe greeted her, "What are you doing here?"

"Um, actually, I came down to ask you a big favor."

Phoebe smiled tightly. "Oh, well, don't tell me you want to keep more of your stuff in my uterus."

Alice let out her signature laugh and shook her head. "No. No. No. Okay, now, see, I wanna name the girl baby Leslie, and Frank wants to name one of the boy babies Frank Jr. Jr.."

Chandler's brows furrowed. "Wouldn't that be Frank the III?"

Alice's shoulders slumped and her face fell, obviously having told her husband that many times. "Don't get me started," She sighed, "Anyway since there are three babies and we both got to put our names in, we would be truly honored if you named the other boy baby."

Phoebe's eyes widened. "Wow! That's so great! Oh! Oh! Cougar," She decided on the spot.

Alice stared at her for a moment and laughed anxiously. "You think about it."

"Oh, Ronnie we're going to be late for the movie," Joey called and stood up quickly.

"You know, I still don't know why you guys go to the movies. You never watch the movie you just make out the whole time," Chandler pointed out with a confused frown.

Veronica gave him a blank look. "Yeah, and I go to sleep in his room every night even though we never do much sleeping."

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hey! Do we have a baby name yet?" Chandler asked when Phoebe walked into the apartment.