(17) Back Together

Helloooooo :D
How are youuu?
Welcome to the new chapter, yay :D
I must say I don't know when I will be able to post new chapters within the next month because my final exams are starting soon and they're kinda important xD so you might have to be patient, sorry for that.
But here's a chapter anyway, so if you like it, leave a vote or/and a comment if you want to :)
Enjoy!

Clay was floating.

He could feel the sun shining on his face.
It felt like he was flying.

In the distance he could hear the ocean singing its wavy song, accompanied by the colorful chirps of birds.

Where am I?

Suddenly he was not floating anymore. His back was laying on a rather hard surface and his shoulders dug into the grainy subsoil.

His right hand moved through the sand and let it trickle through his fingers.

He slowly opened his eyes and was blended by the bright blue sky.

Something next to him moved.

"Hey, Clay, don't fall asleep here, you might get a sunburn."
A soft voice said.

I know this voice. Is it- could it be-?

Clay got up into a sitting position and rubbed his eyes.

He was sitting at the beach near his village. He had been here many times with his siblings or Nick, enjoying the water and the sun.

On his left there was his older sister Charlize, smiling at him and offering him a bottle of water.
He thankfully grabbed it as he realized how thirsty he was.

Charlize? What is she doing here? Isn't she with the army? Isn't she-…

No, she could not be dead. She was here. Right next to him. Her dark blonde hair was dancing in the low breeze.

His brother Cliff was standing close to the surf, looking towards the horizon, water occasionally touching his bare feet.

They were here again. Just like the time before everything happened. They were not dead. His siblings were not dead. They were here.

But something felt wrong about that.

He got up from the sandy ground and headed towards his brother.

Clay winced as he saw a wall of fire in the distance.
"Cliff- what is this?"

His older brother turned towards him.
"The security boats of the Pretiosi. They're burning down."

"W-why?" Clay watched the flames with fascination. It looked like the ocean was on fire.

Cliff's voice was emotionless.
"The Empire is going down. This is our chance."

A roaring sound travelled over the waves of the ocean, giving the brothers goosebumps.

The atmosphere changed completely.

Clouds started to hide the sun, the wind was getting stronger and the waves were getting higher and more chaotic.

Clay stumbled backwards as a giant wave rolled towards them- but he was not fast enough. It knocked him over and for a moment he could not breathe.

As the wave rolled back, he jumped onto his feet, looking around in panic.
Cliff and Charlize were nowhere to be seen.

Clay was stunned. He let his eyes wander over the waves but they were were calm again. The sun came out from behind the clouds, the wind was slowing down.