Lethal Lovers | Jean x Reader

Prompt- Hunger Games with Jean

Hunger Games AU

Warning of violence and mention of death as well as possible trigger words of animal anatomy

"And may the odds be ever in your favor." The monotone voice spoke before counting down, starting from twenty.

You glanced over the field at Jean, his eyes finding yours as the blaring voice of the person counting down continued. His body was tense, as was everyone's, in anticipation.

"1." The voice said finally as everyone rushed off their pedestals and in a direction.

Some ran for the cornucopia, others for the woods surrounding the meadow. Chaos was nearly instantaneous. As was the blood. It was as if they had started at the same time. Your eyes only held onto where Jean was for a split moment before breaking free and focusing. You and Levi had already talked about it before, him being your mentor he had to but still, his advise was strongly welcomed as you remembered what to do. You rushed for a backpack, narrowly avoiding an arrow as you grabbed it and raced into the forest. Your ear heard buzzing, adrenaline rushing behind them, but not loud enough to block out screams and thuds of bodies hitting the unforgiving earth in the field behind you. Reguardless, you continued forward, knowing their situation was hopeless and Levi would kick your ass if you did something stupid.

The arena seemed to be in the layout of a forest, streams here and there that almost definitely flowed to a larger source, hills convered with trees and probably animals as well.

You continued to run, pushing your legs farther until you couldn't move any longer. You sat by a stream, setting your hands in the cool water to help ease some of the heat you body was feeling.

The stream gave you hope, streams led to creaks which led to rivers and rivers usually had fish. Fishing, the task of your district -four, was your strong suit naturally. Being able to fish would increase your odds tremendously. Unlike the boy you had been staring at earlier, Jean, whose strong suit was a bow. Jean wasn't from your district though the two of you had grown close during training. The boy from your district wasn't the most friendly and neither was the girl from Jeans, therefore the two of you spent time together and became friends during your time at the tribute center.

Neither of you had talked about what would happen if you found each other in the games, though you knew that you wouldn't kill him. That and he'd easily overpower you.

The sun began to set as you found a small dug out rut to sleep in for the night, your body being mostly hidden from passers. Though despite knowing that you were relatively safe at the moment, you knew that could all change in an instant. And the thought was hard to drive away as you closed your eyes, forcing sleep to refuel your body for tomorrow.

The sun had barely risen when you woke up. Both a relief from the realization that not only were you alive, but you hadn't wasted any of the day either. You quickly got up, making sure everything was secure, before quickly kicking around where you slept and moving on.

You followed the stream down, occasionally glancing at the water as you walked alongside it. The greater part of you was focused on your surroundings though. A branch that snapped in the distance. Every sound by an animal, hopefully. Which way the wind was blowing. Nothing could be afforded to go unnoticed.

It took about half an hour to reach the river, two creeks coming together and merging to create a larger one. Much to your please the area seemed perfect. Fish could be seen swimming in the water and once glance around the area it looked normal. A second glance couldn't find it so another look was required before you noticed the hidden hutch underneath the roots of a tree. You walked closer to it, leaning down it inspect underneath. The underneath was not what you expected.